TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would like to hear the truth about Saddam Hussein?

+10
Cold War Communist
Nishanth128
CptCrape
TheSaxonKnight
Blue
Anaxes
SamSkey
Commie_China_Champ
Jake Mapper
Hashem
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would like to hear the truth about Saddam Hussein? Empty Who would like to hear the truth about Saddam Hussein?

Post by Hashem Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Now, I will be honest with you, there are many things that the United States has lied about the former Iraqi dictator. Like he starved, killed, or tortured his own people. Now I will agree with you on one and only one thing, he did torture people, I can't avoid lying about that fact, but lemme tell you some OTHER things that the United states lied about, for example Iran was behind the Halebja gas attack, not saddam.
Another thing, he never had his people in mass starvation or hated kurds, he had 2 full kurdish army divisions. And also, there is one thing you have to agree with me even if you don't believe me, don't you think it would have been better if saddam was still in office now? Don't you think the 1.5-2.5 million iraqi civilians killed where roofs were dropped over their heads in the iraq war are way more that the amount saddam killed feels insignificant? It's just the United States' way if getting what they want, in our case, oil. We aren't the only people lied about, I'm sure the USSR, or any communist state in the cold war were exaggerated. The USSR used to be so peaceful, now it's not. The United States even exaggerated on the Nazi and even the central powers in World War 1. It's just how it works, history is written by the victors, as Winston Churchill said.

So please ask me anything about Saddam.

(I intend no hate or no disrespect while I am writing this, yes I do have negative views of the United States but I shown no hate to citizens, please do not be offended)
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Who would like to hear the truth about Saddam Hussein? Empty Re: Who would like to hear the truth about Saddam Hussein?

Post by Jake Mapper Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:46 pm

So what? America needs those Oil Barrels..
Jake Mapper
Jake Mapper
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Who would like to hear the truth about Saddam Hussein? Empty Re: Who would like to hear the truth about Saddam Hussein?

Post by Hashem Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:09 pm

Yeah all you need to do is kill millions of people to get it,
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Mapper Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Hashem wrote:Yeah all you need to do is kill millions of people to get it,
But the Profits
Jake Mapper
Jake Mapper
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Commie_China_Champ Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:46 pm

Oh My
Commie_China_Champ
Commie_China_Champ
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:09 am

Is this an Anti-American post lol. Why did America want to take out Saddam Hussein.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:50 am

SamSkey wrote:Is this an Anti-American post lol. Why did America want to take out Saddam Hussein.
It's not anti american, the United States aren't the only ones ehrm BRITAIN ehrm and the united states aren't the only ones in history who lied about something I'm not saying I hate the united states and it's bad, I'm just unveiling truths. And on to your question, the united states said they wanted to take out saddam because of his "oppressive rule" and all that stuff. But it was actually for his oil reserves and also since he changed what he sold his oil for from dollars to euros.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:51 am

I was just kidding. Thanks for the information though. I'm more smart...hehe yey.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaxes Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:33 am

I was born in 91, so I grew up in the post-911 era and I remember all the stuff that was said about Saddam and honestly I think a large portion of it was overblown just because we were in conflict with Iraq and one of the main strategies of war is to dehumanize your opponent. I'm not saying the guy was a saint, he was a dictator that ruled with an iron fist, but after research a large portion of the "truth" was just overblown. History is written by the victors after all.

Anaxes
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:52 am

Hashem wrote:Now, I will be honest with you, there are many things that the United States has lied about the former Iraqi dictator. Like he starved, killed, or tortured his own people. Now I will agree with you on one and only one thing, he did torture people, I can't avoid lying about that fact, but lemme tell you some OTHER things that the United states lied about, for example Iran was behind the Halebja gas attack, not saddam.
Another thing, he never had his people in mass starvation or hated kurds, he had 2 full kurdish army divisions. And also, there is one thing you have to agree with me even if you don't believe me, don't you think it would have been better if saddam was still in office now? Don't you think the 1.5-2.5 million iraqi civilians killed where roofs were dropped over their heads in the iraq war are way more that the amount saddam killed feels insignificant? It's just the United States' way if getting what they want, in our case, oil.  We aren't the only people lied about, I'm sure the USSR, or any communist state in the cold war were exaggerated. The USSR used to be so peaceful, now it's not. The United States even exaggerated on the Nazi and even the central powers in World War 1. It's just how it works, history is written by the victors, as Winston Churchill said.

(I intend no hate or no disrespect while I am writing this, yes I do have negative views of the United States but I shown no hate to citizens, please do not be offended)

This is nothing new and most people who are educated and knowledgeable about world history and politics know that the true intention was not the removal of Iraq's alleged WMDs, which we all know did not exist, in fact oil was not the main motivator although it was a significant one. The main motivator was the removal of a powerful state (1mil people strong military) in the region which was not loyal to the US, this not only threatened Israel, which is the USA's closest ally in the Middle-East, but also threatened to halt US influence in the region therefore they had to be removed.
Blue
Blue
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSaxonKnight Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:41 am

Could I please ask you where you got your information about the Halabja gas attack because I've never of heard that it was Iran.
TheSaxonKnight
TheSaxonKnight
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 am

TheSaxonKnight wrote:Could I please ask you where you got your information about the Halabja gas attack because I've never of heard that it was Iran.

Yeah I don't think it was Iran, why would the bomb Kurds who are rebelling against Saddam?
Blue
Blue
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Anaxes wrote:I was born in 91, so I grew up in the post-911 era and I remember all the stuff that was said about Saddam and honestly I think a large portion of it was overblown just because we were in conflict with Iraq and one of the main strategies of war is to dehumanize your opponent. I'm not saying the guy was a saint, he was a dictator that ruled with an iron fist, but after research a large portion of the "truth" was just overblown. History is written by the victors after all.
I'm not saying he was a saint either.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Blue wrote:
Hashem wrote:Now, I will be honest with you, there are many things that the United States has lied about the former Iraqi dictator. Like he starved, killed, or tortured his own people. Now I will agree with you on one and only one thing, he did torture people, I can't avoid lying about that fact, but lemme tell you some OTHER things that the United states lied about, for example Iran was behind the Halebja gas attack, not saddam.
Another thing, he never had his people in mass starvation or hated kurds, he had 2 full kurdish army divisions. And also, there is one thing you have to agree with me even if you don't believe me, don't you think it would have been better if saddam was still in office now? Don't you think the 1.5-2.5 million iraqi civilians killed where roofs were dropped over their heads in the iraq war are way more that the amount saddam killed feels insignificant? It's just the United States' way if getting what they want, in our case, oil.  We aren't the only people lied about, I'm sure the USSR, or any communist state in the cold war were exaggerated. The USSR used to be so peaceful, now it's not. The United States even exaggerated on the Nazi and even the central powers in World War 1. It's just how it works, history is written by the victors, as Winston Churchill said.

This is nothing new and most people who are educated and knowledgeable about world history and politics know that the true intention was not the removal of Iraq's alleged WMDs, which we all know did not exist, in fact oil was not the main motivator although it was a significant one. The main motivator was the removal of a powerful state (1mil people strong military) in the region which was not loyal to the US, this not only threatened Israel, which is the USA's closest ally in the Middle-East, but also threatened to halt US influence in the region therefore they had to be removed.
Yup you are correct. That is also another reason.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:22 pm

TheSaxonKnight wrote:Could I please ask you where you got your information about the Halabja gas attack because I've never of heard that it was Iran.
Personal experience, my parents and alot of my family were in the iraqi army and they know who really gassed the kurds.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Shouldn't this go in the 'Controversial History' section?
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:27 pm

CptCrape wrote:Shouldn't this go in the 'Controversial History' section?
Well it is still middle east history.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Hashem wrote:
True, and it's also controversial.
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am

CptCrape wrote:
Hashem wrote:
True, and it's also controversial.
Guess it really doesn't matter then does it?
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Blue wrote:

Yeah I don't think it was Iran, why would the bomb Kurds who are rebelling against Saddam?
Iran would do that so other people would blame saddam for it. Just like when the Syrian civil war started and Bashar al assad released Jihadists from prison into the rebel group.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishanth128 Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:42 pm

While I agree with you, that's just how our world works I guess? Anything people hate or fear gets overblown. Look at a lot of modern Americans views on Muslims today.

Also, most of the world agrees that it's not America's place to set right what faults there are in other countries. But stuff still happens. Thing is, if America were not the super power and Iran/Iraq was, I'm pretty darn sure those countries would have done similar things when their influence/power/money was threatened.
Nishanth128
Nishanth128
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 am

Nishanth128 wrote:While I agree with you, that's just how our world works I guess? Anything people hate or fear gets overblown. Look at a lot of modern Americans views on Muslims today.

Also, most of the world agrees that it's not America's place to set right what faults there are in other countries. But stuff still happens. Thing is, if America were not the super power and Iran/Iraq was, I'm pretty darn sure those countries would have done similar things when their influence/power/money was threatened.
It depends who's in charge. I mean it wasn't just saddam, look what the united states said about the USSR. And all of it was propaganda. It used to be very peaceful in the USSR. Truth is, Saddam didn't want anything to do with the west at all, but they wanted business with him because he had oil. And it all changed after he started selling his oil for euros.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishanth128 Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Yes, but I'm sure there's propaganda against the west in those countries as well. It's just that the west is more powerful and well, glorious, compared to most middle eastern countries and most Asian countries. Of course people would listen to the west more even if they wouldn't agree with it.
Nishanth128
Nishanth128
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cold War Communist Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:14 pm

There is a whole lot about Saddam that the citizens of the U.S. don't know. He was able to bring about greater equality between the sexes, nearly eliminated illiteracy, and was able to create an economic boon in Iraq by nationalizing the oil system.

This obviously didn't sit well with others, and he also foolishly rushed into a war with Iran (which, in hindsight, wasn't totally foolish). That started Iraq on the path to ruin, but it could have been salvaged. His image has seen something of a renaissance of late. There are the obvious issues caused by Isis, and the "war on terror", but also a nostalgia for his reforms.

So I guess you have to take the good with the bad, or perhaps the bad with the good. It's all about perspective.
Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Cold War Communist wrote:There is a whole lot about Saddam that the citizens of the U.S. don't know. He was able to bring about greater equality between the sexes, nearly eliminated illiteracy, and was able to create an economic boon in Iraq by nationalizing the oil system.

This obviously didn't sit well with others, and he also foolishly rushed into a war with Iran (which, in hindsight, wasn't totally foolish). That started Iraq on the path to ruin, but it could have been salvaged. His image has seen something of a renaissance of late. There are the obvious issues caused by Isis, and the "war on terror", but also a nostalgia for his reforms.

So I guess you have to take the good with the bad, or perhaps the bad with the good. It's all about perspective.
Also, don't forget he promoted rights for religious minorities, such as Christians.
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum