The Unburning of the Library of Alexandria

Go down

The Unburning of the Library of Alexandria

Post by SamSkey on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:29 pm

We all know that the burning of the Library of Alexandria was a horrific disaster it history. What if it didn't happen though? All those books and texts would lead us into a advance age nowadays. Catholic Europe would ban the use of those books and texts, but the Islamic Countries would use it to their advantage.

I think they would use the technology gained by the library to launch massive Jihads across Europe. Plunging it into an Islamic Caliphate never seen before in history.

Of course I could be wrong. What do you think would happen if the Library didn't burn down? farao
SamSkey
Centurion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Unburning of the Library of Alexandria

Post by Nachos81 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:44 am

A discovery of the Library of Alexandria by Muslim powers (if it wasn't destroyed in a conquest of Alexandria) would've for sure increased the Muslim Golden Age but there was most likely not too much military technology in the library. The influence of the Muslim world would've for sure increased and threatened the Christian world but I don't think that jihads would've extended further than they did in our timeline.

Of course, we don't know exactly what was in the library so who knows would've happened.
Nachos81
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:46 am

True. There is no real way to know what was in the library, only speculation. Again this is just if there was military technology in there. There could be a lot of economic theories for all we know.
SamSkey
Centurion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spiffy Creeper on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:52 pm

I almost posted this very question earlier but then I changed my mind. In my opinion I don't really think that there would be a huge impact on world history. I don't doubt that many of the estimated 400,00-900,00 scrolls would have contained much of use to the Islamic Caliphates but since we don't know what any of the scrolls said we can not be sure if they had formula for rocket fuel or if the were all just useless fluff.
The Spiffy Creeper
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down