TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI)

+8
Metsarebuff1222
MonarchistSteve
Napoleon Bonaparte
Retro
Captain Magma
Tsar Napoleon
Aaronklk
JunoSword
12 posters

Go down

Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI) Empty Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI)

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:37 am

There is a mod for Hearts of Iron IV called Kaiserreich. The mod revolves around a world where the Central Powers won the "Weltkrieg" and the world is VASTLY different that it is in our timeline. The year the mod begins in is 1936. Great Britain and France are both Syndicalist nations. The Royal Family and leader of France fled to the rest of the Commonwealth and French Africa, respectively. Russia is an unstable republic. China is split among the warlords. Japan is still an imperialistic empire. The US is on the verge of a second Civil War between Syndicalists, Fascists (in the South lead by Huey Long), and the Union (regular USA).

How realistic does this scenario sound? If you need more elaboration, I will clarify more.
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI) Empty Re: Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI)

Post by Aaronklk Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:09 am

Its a possible but unlikely scenario.
Aaronklk
Aaronklk
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI) Empty Re: Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI)

Post by Tsar Napoleon Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:33 am

Thats a very bad summary of KR!

Also, KR4 is the game, while HOI is the mod, you dimwit!

Tsar Napoleon
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Magma Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:38 am

Pretty sure the only reason germany wins in this timeline is because they don't use unrestricted submarine warfare so the Americans don't join the war.
Captain Magma
Captain Magma
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Retro Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 am

I would say that if the Germans were able to capture Paris and force a French Surrender before the Americans joined in, then the British would eventually be forced to surrender as well. Not by naval invasion or anything, but by lack of ability to fight the Germans. I would think that the British would not be affected as much as France. Probably left untouched. The World however would indeed look somewhat the same. the Syndicalists may not rise in UK and the French could become either syndicalist or Fascist, either one. The USA probably wouldn't have a civil war, but instead just be completely crippled. Canada and the UK could barge in and smash the USA, taking back its former colony. the USA would then slowly build back up and become a superpower under the British Empire. Aslo, Captain Magma, the USA really only joined because of the German's letter to Mexico which was intercepted by the British.

Retro
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Tsar Napoleon wrote:Thats a very bad summary of KR!

Also, KR4 is the game, while HOI is the mod, you dimwit!

It's not THAT bad... I was tired when I wrote this so I didn't put much but it's a pretty good basic summary.

And I said Kaiserreich was a mod so the casuals wouldn't be confused. Razz
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Napoleon Bonaparte Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Long was more of a liberal in real life I don't think he would try to start a civil war
Napoleon Bonaparte
Napoleon Bonaparte
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:Long was more of a liberal in real life I don't think he would try to start a civil war

In the mod, certain characters have different ideologies than in real life. For example Oswald Mosley is basically a Stalinist. Though Huey Long isn't exactly a dictator, though a fellow party member, William Dudley Pelley, can have Long assassinated and turn America into a white supremacist autocracy.
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Magma Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Retro wrote:I would say that if the Germans were able to capture Paris and force a French Surrender before the Americans joined in, then the British would eventually be forced to surrender as well. Not by naval invasion or anything, but by lack of ability to fight the Germans. I would think that the British would not be affected as much as France. Probably left untouched. The World however would indeed look somewhat the same. the Syndicalists may not rise in UK and the French could become either syndicalist or Fascist, either one. The USA probably wouldn't have a civil war, but instead just be completely crippled. Canada and the UK could barge in and smash the USA, taking back its former colony. the USA would then slowly build back up and become a superpower under the British Empire. Aslo, Captain Magma, the USA really only joined because of the German's letter to Mexico which was intercepted by the British.

It was actually highly unlikely Hitler rose to power. The same thing is unlikely to happen in the UK and France. KR just took a plausible idea to make the mod entertaining. It's possible, but unlikely,
Captain Magma
Captain Magma
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by MonarchistSteve Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:44 am

Bear in mind, that Hitler could only rise to power because germany morally, and economically crippled, and was unable to suppress their ultranationalist movements. A victorious Kaiserreich could easily suppress it either by force, or by peaceful means

MonarchistSteve
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by MonarchistSteve Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:48 am

I particularly love Austria-Hungary's event tree, with their event tree, with the reunification, and federalization.

MonarchistSteve
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Metsarebuff1222 Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Mittleafrika seems far fetched. Remember, the Germans lost all there colonies by 1915. They were in no shape to invade Africa at that time. They may have gotten their old colonies back, also the Congo because of the Puppetation of Belguim, but I cannot see them getting the whole middle part of Africa

Last edited by Metsarebuff1222 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metsarebuff1222
Metsarebuff1222
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronklk Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Metsarebuff1222 wrote:Mittleafrika seems far fetched. Remember, the Germans lost all there colonies by 1915. They were in no shape to invade Africa at that time. They may have gotten their old colonies  back, also the Congo because of the Puppetation of Belguim, but I cannot see them getting the whole middle part of Africa

Kaiserreich Scenario (German Victory in WWI) 80990311

Wasn't exactly the whole middle part.
Aaronklk
Aaronklk
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Metsarebuff1222 Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Ya but it was like every British colony in Africa and all ouf French Central Africa
Metsarebuff1222
Metsarebuff1222
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DominusAfricanus Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:31 pm

The thing with Kaiserreich for HoI2/Darkest Hour (now HoI4) is that it's not exactly a What if Germany won WW1, but more of An alternate WW2 where Germany won WW1. The whole outcome of the timeline is pretty farfetch imo. A lot of the ideas around each continent isn't exactly realistic, and just flat out stupid, but the creators needed to find an interesting reason to play a nation in their respective area, rather than vanilla where you just sit there and build up. That's why you have silly stuff like the 2nd Mongolian Empire, and the Arabian Axis, as well as the Second American Civil War.
Nevertheless, it's a fun mod with loads of lore behind it, you should try out the original Kaiserreich for HoI2 and Darkest Hour.
DominusAfricanus
DominusAfricanus
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Yavimaya Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Idk how the usa would become authoritarian because of a war they didn't join, and I don't think there are enough communists to start a revolution. I don't think the game is trying to be realistic, just enjoyable.
Lord Yavimaya
Lord Yavimaya
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Holmskiy Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:46 am

DominusAfricanus wrote:That's why you have silly stuff like the 2nd Mongolian Empire

This part isn't THAT unrealistic. It's expansion into areas other than Tibet is unlikely, but Ungern's Mongolia was going rather well (as far as governing a country, that is mostly desert goes). If it wasn't for communists destroying every single White regiment left, even outside of Russia, his regime could have survived.

Of course, he wasn't crazy and never believed himself to be a reincarnation of Ghengis Khan. That's a sin on the mod's part, but if you remove events connected with that, Kaiserreich Mongolia becomes quite real.
Holmskiy
Holmskiy
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DominusAfricanus Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:50 am

Holmskiy wrote:Of course, he wasn't crazy and never believed himself to be a reincarnation of Ghengis Khan.
Eh, he was pretty crazy. He was constantly trying new torture techniques to execute Bolsheviks, Jews, enemy prisoners, and whatever else he didn’t like, slaughtering people without regard for their age, gender, or whether or not they were civilians. And I mean, others did believe him to be the reincarnation of Genghis Khan, so with a good amount of support, he may think of himself as others do.
DominusAfricanus
DominusAfricanus
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Samsid Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:54 am

Again, the mod was not made for HOI4. It was made more than 10 years before that.
Samsid
Samsid
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down