Best Historical Games

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Historical Games

Post by TheSaxonKnight on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:55 am

In this topic, you could share some of the names of your favourite historical games and you could explain them briefly.
My pick is Europa Universalis 4 a game where you can play from 1444 until 1821 as any nation and it's always different which always makes it fun. the only bad thing about this game is the DLCs that it has, some are necessary, Some aren't.
This game is only on PC.
TheSaxonKnight
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Historical Games

Post by Brusilov on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:11 am

TheSaxonKnight wrote:In this topic, you could share some of the names of your favourite historical games and you could explain them briefly.
My pick is Europa Universalis 4 a game where you can play from 1444 until 1821 as any nation and it's always different which always makes it fun. the only bad thing about this game is the DLCs that it has, some are necessary, Some aren't.
This game is only on PC.

Agreed, paradox games in general.
One of my most favorite gaming franchises are the Total War games. For Rome: Total War I'd recommend the Roma Surrectum II/III mod.
WWII games for example like, War Thunder or Red Orchestra 2
Brusilov
Centurion

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/MemeExamination/

Back to top Go down

Post by normie™ on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:24 am

Personally, my favorite Paradox, and by extension, historical game is Victoria II- it's one of the easiest to learn (the real title goes to HoI IV, but with its broken, unpolished design, I can't really give it any credit), and set in my personal favorite period of history- 1836 to 1936. It may be its age, but I feel that Victoria isn't given much exposure compared to other Paradox games.
normie™
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brusilov on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:30 am

normie™ wrote:Personally, my favorite Paradox, and by extension, historical game is Victoria II- it's one of the easiest to learn (the real title goes to HoI IV, but with its broken, unpolished design, I can't really give it any credit), and set in my personal favorite period of history- 1836 to 1936. It may be its age, but I feel that Victoria isn't given much exposure compared to other Paradox games.
There are lots of mods, they make the game an excellent experience
Brusilov
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by r3volutionr0ck on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:22 am

There is the Total War franchise games who are pretty good, my favourite ones are Rome, Medieval II and Empire; from paradox i really like Crusader Kings II the other ones i haven't played. There is a game of RTS called Company Of Heroes, the game is set on the WWII. The first one you play as a company in the D-Day. The second one as a soviet force repelling the germans from Russia.
The Last game i've being playing is Mount & Blade: Fire And Sword, the game is set in the Pre-Peter The Great Russia, it's a more RPG based game and a good one i strongly recomend the Mount & Blade series
r3volutionr0ck
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by r3volutionr0ck on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:24 am

The Mount & Blade are originally a fantasy history game, who its set in a non existent world. But they have a pretty strong mod community. You can find from the Roman Empire to Game Of Thrones mods for the early games
r3volutionr0ck
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkstar399x on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:51 am

My favourite is Crusader Kings 2, I find playing as a historical person and trying to make your empire more powerful AND worrying about revolutionary vassals and trying not to die is something that makes me love the game.

Darkstar399x
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brusilov on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Darkstar399x wrote:My favourite is Crusader Kings 2, I find playing as a historical person and trying to make your empire more powerful AND worrying about revolutionary vassals and trying not to die is something that makes me love the game.

Ck2 is good, but it's a little boring for my taste.
Brusilov
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Brusilov on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:12 pm

r3volutionr0ck wrote:The Mount & Blade are originally a fantasy history game, who its set in a non existent world. But they have a pretty strong mod community. You can find from the Roman Empire to Game Of Thrones mods for the early games

Warband, is shit.
But the mods, OH MY GOD.
They're nice.
can't wait for Mount & Blade 2
Brusilov
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronklk on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:15 pm

Well any Paradox game is great,so are the Total War games. My favorite has to be Victoria 2. Start in 1836 and work to become the greatest great power.
Aaronklk
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by normie™ on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Aaronklk wrote:Well any Paradox game is great,so are the Total War games. My favorite has to be Victoria 2. Start in 1836 and work to become the greatest great power.

you, sir, have excellent taste :p
normie™
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl Hamilton on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:46 am

Shogun 2 Total War is one of my favourite, firstly, it's very fun, secondly proper tactics make sense in this game, due to them all being Japanese the different types of units actually make sense.
Carl Hamilton
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCommunistDoggo on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:35 am

Love the total war series. Empire Total War wins first place for me.
TrueCommunistDoggo
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DukeOfTea on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Brusilov wrote:
r3volutionr0ck wrote:The Mount & Blade are originally a fantasy history game, who its set in a non existent world. But they have a pretty strong mod community. You can find from the Roman Empire to Game Of Thrones mods for the early games

Warband, is shit.
But the mods, OH MY GOD.
They're nice.
can't wait for Mount & Blade 2
The Napoleonic Wars DLC is fun as well and very active for such an old game. Along with that, Viking Conquest allows me to live out my dreams of unifying Ireland under The Kingdom of Munster Laughing
DukeOfTea
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Königreich Preußen on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:29 am

Definitely any Paradox game, but i'm partial to Vicky 2 and EU4
Königreich Preußen
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakebite on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:11 am

Cossacks 2: Battle for Europe (released 2006)
As the name says, you have to conquer Europe. Way faster and easier than Paradox games. Got some bugs but it is a nice one.

Snakebite
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:38 am

VICTORIA 2, but seriously the fact that it simulates demographics down to each individual is awesome enough.
CptCrape
Centurion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spiffy Creeper on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:16 pm

I love Victoria 2. It was my first PDX game and is my favorite. I hope they put CK2 to sleep sometime soon to make way for a Vicky 3 game. I never really enjoyed CK2 that much but I understand why people do.
The Spiffy Creeper
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:46 pm

The Spiffy Creeper wrote:I love Victoria 2. It was my first PDX game and is my favorite. I hope they put CK2 to sleep sometime soon to make way for a Vicky 3 game. I never really enjoyed CK2 that much but I understand why people do.
I like CK2 but it's pushing 5 years old now. I think they ought to stop working on it, release Vic3 then work on CK3.
CptCrape
Centurion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spiffy Creeper on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Hopefully soon CK2 will be pushing daisies
The Spiffy Creeper
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malotun on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:59 pm

I really enjoy playing Victoria 2 but it bothers me that it is not historically accurate at least with my country and I have to use mods to fix that and unfortunately the only one which is stable is HPM, but mhee it's ok really enjoyable just like EU3 but this has even more errors trying to be accurate. But yeah this two games are fun, I would like to play Eu4 but I don't want to spend my money in it having EU3(but now that I think in this I should play the pirated version... don't I?).
So I guess by experience that the paradox games are good.

And I should give an honorable mention to Mount and Blade(the entire "saga") some people would say that native sucks, but come on! it's not that bad I know that mods adds some fantastic stuff but I don't know, Native has it's essence something special at least for me Razz
Malotun
Optio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spiffy Creeper on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Yeah they paid very little attention to the South American countries, but with the current Nickel and Dime you to death DLC strategy, they would surely squeeze every possible penny out of the period and its countries.
The Spiffy Creeper
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Malotun wrote:I really enjoy playing Victoria 2 but it bothers me that it is not historically accurate at least with my country and I have to use mods to fix that and unfortunately the only one which is stable is HPM, but mhee it's ok really enjoyable just like EU3 but this has even more errors trying to be accurate. But yeah this two games are fun, I would like to play Eu4 but I don't want to spend my money in it having EU3(but now that I think in this I should play the pirated version... don't I?).
So I guess by experience that the paradox games are good.

And I should give an honorable mention to Mount and Blade(the entire "saga") some people would say that native sucks, but come on! it's not that bad I know that mods adds some fantastic stuff but I don't know, Native has it's essence something special at least for me Razz
Vanilla Vic2 is terrible, I was skeptical at first, but now all I use is HPM.
CptCrape
Centurion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:56 pm

The Spiffy Creeper wrote:Yeah they paid very little attention to the South American countries, but with the current Nickel and Dime you to death DLC strategy, they would surely squeeze every possible penny out of the period and its countries.
Vic 2 hasn't had any DLC since 2011 IIRC. Now, CK2, HOI4 and EU4 on the other hand... (Stellaris seems alright though)
CptCrape
Centurion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Spiffy Creeper on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:08 am

I meant with a Victoria 3. They would milk that like a cow.
The Spiffy Creeper
Cornicen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next