TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if the Confederacy won the Civil War ?

3 posters

Go down

What if the Confederacy won the Civil War ? Empty What if the Confederacy won the Civil War ?

Post by Kaiser Antonio I Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Backstory: After the first battle of Bull Run, the Army of Northern Virginia decides to attack Washington while the Union army was defeated. The city is sieged and captured, as well as Abraham Lincoln and the congress (that escaped to New York) decides to strip him from his presidential power and called for a peace treaty. [I know it's not the most realistic scenario but I needed to come up with something]

In the Treaty of Washington, the Confederacy is recognized as an Independent state, they also get Kentucky, southern Missouri and east New Mexico. But they lose West Virginia to the Union.

What do you think happens next ?
Kaiser Antonio I
Kaiser Antonio I
Pedes

Back to top Go down

What if the Confederacy won the Civil War ? Empty Re: What if the Confederacy won the Civil War ?

Post by Königreich Preußen Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 am

The Confederacy was supposed to be an expansionist power, so they would definitely start trying to buy, or conquer land in the Caribbean and Latin America. However, expect Union intervention if they begin any serious large scale invasions, well, anywhere, as it would be the perfect Casus Belli to go to war. But, that doesn't make for a good scenario, so i'm just going to forget about that.

I'm going to assume that the Confederacy, imperialist at heart, would attempt to fabricate a reason to go to war with Spain for Cuba and Puerto Rico. I don't know if they could seize it the same way the U.S did in the Spanish American War, but they would certainly try. Another route would be in Mexico, due to not having Pacific ports, the Confederates would definitely try to seize or buy, Baja, Chihuahua, and Sonora. Maybe even more, but if you'd like to learn more about this subject, i'd suggest looking up the "Golden Circle" it was basically a plan by Southern expansionists before the Civil War to establish slave states all the way down to Panama.
Königreich Preußen
Königreich Preußen
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

What if the Confederacy won the Civil War ? Empty Re: What if the Confederacy won the Civil War ?

Post by Koopinator Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:04 am

In our timeline, The main legacy of the American civil war (At least in my opinion) was that the united states would focus on countering french intervention in mexico  

(Relevant video)  

Assuming that Napoleon III continues his imperial ambitions, He would also attempt to conquer more of the americas, Namely his great prize: The confederacy.  

However, The weakened USA is not interested in allowing the French to expand further north. The CSA and the USA team up to defeat Napoleon.  

After a bloody 3 year war, The fronts have stagnated. The CSA agrees to just give some southern counties of texas.  

50 years later, WW1 breaks out. Trying to obtain support from the central powers, The mexicans rise up against french rule. However, This revolt is brutally put down by the allied powers.  

Finally, In WW2, France is shockingly defeated by Nazi Germany. The German government installs a vichy puppet regime. With that, Also a vichy mexico.  

The Confederacy, Having had numerous anti-slavery reforms in the past decades, Tries to prove their pro-freedom stance by declaring war on vichy france. And the nazis once again attain a stunning victory.  

Wishing to not suffer the same fate, The USA signs a non-aggression pact with the axis powers.  

Soon after, Germany opens up the eastern front against the soviet union. Using the Vichy Mexican resources wisely, They are much more successful than in the original timeline, Effectively pushing the soviets out of Stalingrad, Moscow and Georgia.  

Stalin, Desperate to turn the tide, Looks to china for aid. However, The chinese are busy fighting japan.

After that the axis powers gradually make the british empire collapse. Colony by colony, Island by island, Ship by ship, It crumbles. Until one day, Churchill snaps.

I made this up as i went along. Anyway, I am tired of writing this.
Koopinator
Koopinator
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down