TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened?

+7
Aaronklk
lobyguy4
brandedelemental
SamSkey
Orfeo
Legionnaire
GeorgeIVofBritannia
11 posters

Go down

What should my next topic be a discussion about?

What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_lcap11%What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_lcap44%What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 24 ]
What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_lcap22%What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 12 ]
What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_lcap4%What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_lcap19%What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 54

Poll closed

What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? Empty What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened?

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:31 pm

-------========{}Discussion{}========-------
---==={What if the Reconquista failed or never happened?}===---
-------------========{}{}========-------------
----======{}{}======----

What do you all think would happen if the reconquista failed or simply never happened?

----======{}{}======----

---==={What I think would've happened if the reconquista failed or never happened.}===---
----======{}{}======----

I think that if it failed, the Islamic nations in Iberia would conquer Europe, making an almost Muslim Europe. This would bring terrorist organisations like ISIS but catholic and/or Protestant. The Islamic nations could also almost remake the entire Spanish and Portuguese empire. This may have all prevented the Arab wars today and the World Wars. This would only be possible if they managed to keep the Protestants and Reformed out of the nation.

----======{}{}======----

This is of course, not entirely predictable and accurate. This is history. Anything could happen. If that man shot Hitler in WW1? Modern history rewritten. We just can't predict things accurately. We can predict when an Meteor is gonna hit Earth, but we can't predict what would happen if Russia was never formed. Really. You try to predict what the world would be like if Russia was never formed. That's hundreds of years in history changed. But if you want to predict that do it on a different topic, this is abotu the reconquista.

----======{}{}======----

Thats it I am your Royal King and Emperor George IV and have a good one.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? Empty Re: What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened?

Post by Legionnaire Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:34 pm

It would definitely shake up Europe, there would be a very large amount of conflict between Catholics and Muslims, and I think it'd be really interesting to see how the protestant reformation would turn out with a larger amount of Islamic influence on the continent.
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Pedes

Back to top Go down

What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened? Empty Re: What would happen if the Reconquista failed or never happened?

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:35 pm

And it indeed would still be possible for Christians of all types to defeat the Muslims. But I think that is unlikely if the reconquista failed or simply never happened.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orfeo Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:35 pm

I think arabs would have more influence in europe and the Mediterranean and that Sicily would probably be Muslim or Arab.
Orfeo
Orfeo
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:37 pm

I don't think they would have taken over Europe, but most likely they would influence the Western part of Europe way more. It would also make the conflict between Catholics and Muslims much more severe. I might even see another Crusade along the way. Could be possible if they wanted the Muslims out that bad.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 pm

I just had a thought. Would the Ottomans become a thing in this timeline? Probably but it's possible they wouldn't
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orfeo Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 pm

SamSkey wrote:"I don´t think they would have taken Europe..."
 Yes, they would be stopped in France, the Balkans and Naples probably
Orfeo
Orfeo
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by brandedelemental Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 pm

I don't think that the Americas would have been discovered as early as they were, considering that a motivating factor of the Portuguese and Spanish for their explorations was to find routes to India outside of Muslim controlled territory.

brandedelemental
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:54 pm

True. ^^
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by lobyguy4 Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Probably not, Europe would have been struck but a islamic europe? Probably not, the Muslims lost in the battle of Tours irl, but you never said anything about that changing. Eventually, the Muslims would stop trying to invade Europe through Iberia and stop. And, Iberia in the modern age would probably be split up between multiple powers, it would even probably be as unstable as Syria irl.

lobyguy4
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronklk Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:12 pm

GeorgeIVofBritannia wrote:I just had a thought. Would the Ottomans become a thing in this timeline? Probably but it's possible they wouldn't
The Ottomans would likely still be a thing, they could of even conquered more.
Aaronklk
Aaronklk
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Königreich Preußen Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Interesting, only New World being discovered by Iberian Muslims doesn't seem likely, the whole reason Portugal and Spain journeyed out was to find alternate routes for spices after the Ottomans heavily taxing the flow of Asiatic goods to Europe. I'd place my bets on England and France taking the roles of the Spanish and Portuguese in exploring to find new routes. Maybe France trying to go around Africa to get to Asia, and England sailing Westward. Although, it isn't impossible to think after learning of Christian exploits in the New World, Muslims in Iberia, not wishing to be left out, attempt to colonize as well.
Königreich Preußen
Königreich Preußen
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:40 pm

I think the Iberian Muslims would be pushed back out. I feel like the pope would not stand by and watch Iberian Muslims grow. I can see a tenth crusade happening. Not only that but I agree with Kounigreich Preussen. I think England will find America and the Muslims will go after that aswell.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Calorean Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:20 am

The Christian Iberian Kingdoms would have still captured the rest of Iberia in time, had the Reconquista failed. In other words, the failure of the Reconquista would have only delayed the inevitable Christian fight back. This could have had lasting effects on the cultures of Iberia (Spanish, Portugese) and possibly colonisation as Castile and Portugal might have not had the ports of Cadiz or Algarave as early.
Calorean
Calorean
Pedes

https://www.youtube.com/NatoCaloGaming

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:23 am

Calorean wrote:The Christian Iberian Kingdoms would have still captured the rest of Iberia in time, had the Reconquista failed. In other words, the failure of the Reconquista would have only delayed the inevitable Christian fight back. This could have had lasting effects on the cultures of Iberia (Spanish, Portugese) and possibly colonisation as Castile and Portugal might have not had the ports of Cadiz or Algarave as early.

I think the Muslims might have taken all of Iberia. Probably revolts over the kingdoms. I think Francia would have pushed back some of the Muslims and might have helped the Christian rebels against the Iberian Muslims.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Calorean Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:38 am

SamSkey wrote:
Calorean wrote:The Christian Iberian Kingdoms would have still captured the rest of Iberia in time, had the Reconquista failed. In other words, the failure of the Reconquista would have only delayed the inevitable Christian fight back. This could have had lasting effects on the cultures of Iberia (Spanish, Portugese) and possibly colonisation as Castile and Portugal might have not had the ports of Cadiz or Algarave as early.

I think the Muslims might have taken all of Iberia. Probably revolts over the kingdoms. I think Francia would have pushed back some of the Muslims and might have helped the Christian rebels against the Iberian Muslims.

That is plausible I would say. However I'm not too sure which section of the Reconquista we're all talking about as the period lasted over 700 years (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista).
I was thinking about the 1000AD - 1200AD section, but you could possibly be referring to earlier. Smile
Calorean
Calorean
Pedes

https://www.youtube.com/NatoCaloGaming

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:40 am

I'm talking about Earlier. I would say if we are talking later I would agree with your statement that eventually the Iberian Peninsula would be taken back by the Christian Kingdoms.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wend Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:59 pm

I think that Saracens WOULD NOT be able to conquer Europe.

Notice how Franks were always defeating them in battles like Poiters or Tolouse. I think this is caused by the geography of the Southern France - full of mountains and with Pyrenees seperating it succesfully from Spain.

But it would still change Spain A LOT. Well, christianity would probably decrease in popularity there, and the culture of Spain... or rather al-Andalus would be more Arabized. The Spanish language would either stop existing, or become some strange mix of Arabic and Romance. Europe would see Iberia as an extension of Maghreb region.

I think that Andalus, would still start colonization, because it would have limited expansion routs (only France, which is seperated by Pyrenees, or Morocco, seperated by the sea). The muslim conquistadors would pillage the new world and start enforcing Islam in the area. This would most likely result in European answer and European start of colonization, bringing Christian-Muslim rivalry to the New World. The natives would probably try to ally with Christians the most, because they tend to be a bit more tolerant to heathens on the one hand, but on the other hand - we can't be sure if Andalus didn't develop their own branch of Islam just as Persia did. Well, that would be interesting.

Wend
Wend
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by AnesPaja Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 am

I don't think that Europe would be conquered by muslims,but if muslim Iberia managed to last til the present i think it would look more like some of the Balkan countries or even Turkey do.It's culture would be mostly European but with some oriental influence do to the thousand year muslim rule,though western Europe would also have some minor ''muslim'' influence in it's culture.And i don't even think that i have to say that the Iberia wouldn't be a colonial superpower like it was in our timeline.
AnesPaja
AnesPaja
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Wend Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:58 am

AnesPaja wrote:And i don't even think that i have to say that the Iberia wouldn't be a colonial superpower like it was in our timeline.
I think it still might have started colonization because:
1. Limited expansion routes.
2. France or Morocco might have had stopped Andalus from spice trade, or even the Ottomans.
3. They might have had liked to colonize Africa, for resources like Ivory or Slaves.
Wend
Wend
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down