TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History of Judah and Israel

4 posters

Go down

History of Judah and Israel Empty History of Judah and Israel

Post by GrovDeutschland Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:56 pm

So, the history of Judah and Israel is an old one from 1300 BC, possibly headed by a chief known as Abram what could of been revised during the creation of the Genesis chapters into 700 BC and 600 BC.

Add what you think about Israelite history.

GrovDeutschland
Pedes

Back to top Go down

History of Judah and Israel Empty Re: History of Judah and Israel

Post by EmperorRanceTheDragonHear Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Very interesting.

EmperorRanceTheDragonHear
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:41 pm

It's hard to talk about the history of Israel
Without talking about God and religion.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorfinn Karlsefni Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:46 pm

Zoroastrianism is a messianic religion. If one takes at face value the record handed down in the Jewish Book of Daniel, it's not a stretch to believe ancient, cryptic prophesies from Judaism formed the origin of the Zoroastrianism's messiah figure (as well as Christianity's), although I admit, it's basically accepted among non-believers that it was the other way around.

The Classical World got their phonetic alphabet from (drum roll), the Phoenicians. Given their geographical relationship, it's not a stretch to believe the Phoenicians got their alphabet from Israel, although I admit, it seems more likely that a complex urban civilization would have developed such an innovation rather than a nomadic pastoral culture.

In the absence of a lot of archaeologic evidence, it's difficult to conclude how much of the Jewish Bible (Old Testament) predates the Babylonian Exile. However, that's not to say the evidence isn't there. There are political reasons why archaeology is somewhat limited in its excavations of the pre-Roman layers beneath the Temple Mount. What excavation has been done appears to confirm the presence of a Jewish Temple there at least from the 9th Century B.C.E., and inscriptions that hint at Old Testament scriptures predating the exile.

Full disclosure, I'm an actual "believer", so I guess take what I say with a grain of salt. Or google it. Wink

Anyway, I think it's logical to assume that an Israeli state could have existed in "Palestine" c. 1000 BC as well as in Roman times. This forms a solid foundation, in my humble opinion, for projecting an alternate timeline in which the Roman diaspora does not occur, and the area of modern Israel and the West Bank remains more or less continually populated by ethnic Jews throughout the historic period.

This causes additional repercussions for Alternate Timelines, such as, what do the Arabs do c. 636 A.D. when they capture this territory? The problem is, the answer to this question hinges on the extent to which you believe Mohammad ethnically cleansed Medina of Jews, as this forms the basis for projecting the most likely policy of the growing Caliphate a generation later. Islam ultimately came to accept the presence of Jewish and other minority communities within their multi-ethnic super-state (Caliphate), but would this have been the case as early as the 630s? If so, it seems that the policy in "Israel" would have been similar to that in Egypt; toleration for the existing religious beliefs of the inhabitants, provided they bowed to the political structure imposed by the new conquerors.

This would allow for a gradual replacement of the older religion by the younger one among the mass of the inhabitants, again similar to what occurred in Egypt. By now, "Jews" would be a tiny minority within their own historic homeland, but at least there would be no controversy over who was there first!
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down