TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite "Hero of India?"

+2
The Spiffy Creeper
ScarletHistorian
6 posters

Go down

What's your favorite "Hero of India?" Empty What's your favorite "Hero of India?"

Post by ScarletHistorian Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 pm

There's the "Tiger of Mysore", Mangal Pandey, Bhagat Singh, Bose, and Ghandi.

I honestly like Bhagat Singh the most, I even wrote a what if about him. Out of all of them, Bhagat Singh wanted a people's republic where Muslims and Hindus can live in harmony.
ScarletHistorian
ScarletHistorian
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite "Hero of India?" Empty Re: What's your favorite "Hero of India?"

Post by The Spiffy Creeper Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:16 pm

I think the British are my favorite hero of India Razz
The Spiffy Creeper
The Spiffy Creeper
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite "Hero of India?" Empty Re: What's your favorite "Hero of India?"

Post by Aarambh Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:25 pm

The Spiffy Creeper wrote:I think the British are my favorite hero of India Razz
Lol.

On a more serious note, I think Sardar Patel is by far my most favourite "Hero of India". He is the reason why the princely states joined the newly formed Indian state in 1947. Here's a video by Ollie Bye that shows the Political Integration of India (and Pakistan).

Aarambh
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishanth128 Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 pm

I'd go with Bhagat Singh. Most in the west don't like him because he sided with Hitler/Japanese during WW2 but, given the conditions, he was the guy fighting for Indian freedom and sovereignty. If I were alive back then, I would have done the same thing, given my knowledge of hindsight. I wouldn't side with a nation that had Indian blood on its side over a promise of self-governance that they did not intend to keep.

Not that I hate the UK or anything, since I've been told some of my statements come off like that, but I try to get into what the situation of the time was.
Nishanth128
Nishanth128
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandMarshalSoult Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 am

I wouldn't say they're heroes....
GrandMarshalSoult
GrandMarshalSoult
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Thats a toss up, its gotta be either the Kati Roll or Butter Chicken.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down