TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Assyrians,Samaritans ETC.... REALLY still exist ?

+3
CptCrape
Crazy Boris
Joey_Shag
7 posters

Go down

Do Assyrians,Samaritans ETC.... REALLY still exist ? Empty Do Assyrians,Samaritans ETC.... REALLY still exist ?

Post by Joey_Shag Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:18 pm

I've noticed lately groups calling themselves Assyrians and other lost Semitic peoples. But honestly I just think that there claiming that so they can have their own identity I.E non Calecdonian Orthodox Christians who claim to be Assyrian to differ themselves,which I think is TOTAL BS
Joey_Shag
Joey_Shag
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Do Assyrians,Samaritans ETC.... REALLY still exist ? Empty Re: Do Assyrians,Samaritans ETC.... REALLY still exist ?

Post by Crazy Boris Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Assyrians are still around yes, but are very few

most Assyrians were Arabized following the Rashidun conquest, but a handful have held onto Assyrian identity though the ages.

But as far as I know, they're the only ones that are still around. Samaritans, Babylonians, etc. have all faded away
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Do Assyrians,Samaritans ETC.... REALLY still exist ? Empty Re: Do Assyrians,Samaritans ETC.... REALLY still exist ?

Post by CptCrape Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:07 am

At the beginning of the 20th century there were a lot of Assyrians in Iraq, but the genocidal policies of Iraq from its independence in 1930 to today has caused them to decrease greatly. However, in 2004 after the fall of Saddam Hussein, they lost all their rights and are now all either dead, or have fled the country. For example in 2004 there were still millions of them, now only hundreds of thousands. As for the Samaritans, they weren't really an ethnic group, but rather an offshoot of mainstream Judaism, and yes they exist. Mainly in Israel.
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Appa Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:01 am

The Assyrians do still exist, mostly in Syria, but migration has sent them across the region all the way to Russia. As others have said, genocidal policies in Iraq have drastically reduced the Assyrian population.
Big_Appa
Big_Appa
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Yavimaya Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Apparently there are 120,000 Assyrians in Sweden. I know there are people who will scream about the Islamization of Sweden, but do they complain about their fellow Christians settling there?
Lord Yavimaya
Lord Yavimaya
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:23 pm

I think the Samaritans are all gone or almost non existent. I know that Assyrians exist, but some people might lie about their heritage.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Joey_Shag Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Big_Appa wrote:The Assyrians do still exist, mostly in Syria, but migration has sent them across the region all the way to Russia. As others have said, genocidal policies in Iraq have drastically reduced the Assyrian population.
 But I feel these aren't real "Assyrians" seeing from over the years of mixing,I'm sure they have more ancient Assyrian blood then the average person.I just think there not really Assyrian in the context of the people group from thousands of years ago
Joey_Shag
Joey_Shag
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:18 am

Lord Yavimaya wrote:Apparently there are 120,000 Assyrians in Sweden. I know there are people who will scream about the Islamization of Sweden, but do they complain about their fellow Christians settling there?
Why can't they settle in say, Turkey?
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:42 am

They're endangered but still around, yes.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum