Trump Impeachment or Not

Go down

Trump Yes or No

27% 27% 
[ 7 ]
73% 73% 
[ 19 ]
 
Total Votes : 26

Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by NearWolf58 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm

With President Trump serving six terms already, opposition has been increasing.
What is your stance on trump his policies, and his scandals. Me personally I think he should be impeached because obstruction of justice and the imoluments clause.
avatar
NearWolf58
Cornicen

Posts : 31
Join date : 2017-07-20
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Big_Appa on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:49 pm

I'd love to see him impeached. His recklessness makes me call his mental health into question. It's debatable whether or not this is grounds for impeachment but it just might be based on the 25th amendment.

Then we get into foreign payments, his blatant nepotism, obstruction of investigations against him, and collusion with the Russian government. For me it's only a matter of time before he gets impeached, in my opinion.
avatar
Big_Appa
Optio

Posts : 55
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 pm

You don't have to break a law to be impeached and removed from office. You can be impeached for not wearing shoes or for wearing shoes.

If the House of Representatives decide to impeach Trump for wearing shoes and get over 1/2 of the vote then Trump is impeached. Then the Senate becomes a jury to decide whether or not Trump wore the shoes. If 2/3s of Senators are convinced that Trump wore shoes then he can be removed from office.

Therefore, impeachment is less about whether Trump broke the law and more about whether he is liked by the Washington elites.

Impeachment is stupid and the power to remove a president from office should be decided by popular vote.
avatar
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Posts : 138
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : Tbilisi, Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Big_Appa on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:18 pm

DavidlVofGeorgia wrote:You don't have to break a law to be impeached and removed from office. You can be impeached for not wearing shoes or for wearing shoes.

If the House of Representatives decide to impeach Trump for wearing shoes and get over 1/2 of the vote then Trump is impeached. Then the Senate becomes a jury to decide whether or not Trump wore the shoes. If 2/3s of Senators are convinced that Trump wore shoes then he can be removed from office.

Therefore, impeachment is less about whether Trump broke the law and more about whether he is liked by the Washington elites.

Impeachment is stupid and the power to remove a president from office should be decided by popular vote.

The purpose of impeachment is to have the ultimate check on the power of the President. It ensures that the legislative branch can remove an unstable president. Remember that Congresspeople still answer to their voters. Even though they can go against the will of their constituents, the people have the ability to recall them at the ballot box (even though many people don't vote, which makes this problematic).

I agree with you that I'd like to see a popular vote recall for the President, but a big problem is this: How should this be executed? How often should we have recall votes? Imo if we do have this system it should be biannual, with the chain of command going into effect if the President is recalled in a non-election year.
avatar
Big_Appa
Optio

Posts : 55
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:35 pm

There are many ways you can do it.

You could have to get 10% of the population (according to the most recent Census) to sign a petition with the date of the vote specified on the petition. The next election would have to be held on a different day.

Or give Congress the power to decide if/when a nation-wide recall vote should be held while stripping them of the power to impeach.
avatar
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Posts : 138
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : Tbilisi, Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Cold War Communist on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:45 pm

It's a pipe dream.
avatar
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Posts : 263
Join date : 2017-07-11
Age : 95
Location : The East

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:29 am

^ agreed.
avatar
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Posts : 138
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : Tbilisi, Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Arden_Foxx on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Compared to our past presidents and their respective White House staffs, Trump's White House appears to be a circus. I am attempting on keeping an open mind and hoping that all of the controversy being stirred up around Russia is just a big misunderstanding. But the controversy seems to tighten around Trump with each passing day. The "side-controversies" like Scaramucci, his Twitter ban on trans, and all the narcissistic comments about himself aren't helping his legitimacy as president.

After all, with all the birther crap Trump stirred up around Obama, part of me thinks Trump deserves all this backlash and controversy.
avatar
Arden_Foxx
Optio

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : AR, U.S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by EmperorTigerstar on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:36 pm

I want Donald Trump impeached. He's unqualified, has broken several rules and customs, ruined the dignity of the office, and is overall a horrible man. However, I fear Mike Pence. I (reluctantly) would rather not have Trump impeached until Mike Pence can somehow be removed from office or resign.
avatar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

Posts : 193
Join date : 2017-06-22
Age : 21
Location : Missouri, USA

View user profile http://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Cold War Communist on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:58 am

The dignity of the office was dead long before The Don arrived. You can take that to the bank and put it next to the Pentagon Papers, Iran-Contra, the entire Clinton administration/both terms, Dubya's invasion of Iraq and the lie of WMDs, and Obama (needs no explanation).

I'm just kind of tired of the mantra that people don't like someone, so they need to be removed. He's done nothing impeachable, and therefore hasn't been impeached, nor will he be impeached. People calling for it at this point sound ignorant. At least wait until something solid is there to call for legal action, because right now there's nothing but lots of steam but no smoke or fire. End of.
avatar
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Posts : 263
Join date : 2017-07-11
Age : 95
Location : The East

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Arden_Foxx on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Cold War Communist wrote:The dignity of the office was dead long before The Don arrived.
'Wrong.' Even though a lot of screw ups have come from the White House in the last century, but some matter of respect is always left for the president by the time that president leaves office. Watergate is arguably the biggest presidential controversy of the last century (So big we just add -gate to any controversy that comes up these days). Nixon was forced to resign. Decades later, many people (including me) respect Nixon because, besides Watergate, he had some pretty good accomplishments. So ask yourself: If Trump was to be removed from office tomorrow, Would he be respected in the decades to come based on his accomplishments in the White House? The answer is no, because he's a narcissistic ill-tempered man child who uses petty nationalistic promises and claims to indoctrinate the populace.
Cold War Communist wrote:You can take that to the bank and put it next to the Pentagon Papers, Iran-Contra, the entire Clinton administration/both terms, Dubya's invasion of Iraq and the lie of WMDs,
Yes, while these are political shitstorms (Except the ENTIRE Clinton administration?). No president has ever had this much controversy surrounding their administration in their first 6 months in office.
Cold War Communist wrote:Obama (needs no explanation).
Shocked What? i think i'm going to need some explanation on this one. In fact, I'd say Obama has been the most dignified/least controversial/noble/"presidential" president we've had since Eisenhower.

Cold War Communist wrote:I'm just kind of tired of the mantra that people don't like someone, so they need to be removed. He's done nothing impeachable, and therefore hasn't been impeached, nor will he be impeached.
Out of our 45 presidents, 3 have went through the process of impeachment. Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, and Andrew Johnson. Nixon was going to be impeached because of Watergate, Clinton was impeached because he lied about the sex scandal, and A. Johnson was impeached because he violated the Tenure of Office Act, an obsolete bill that prevented the president from removing cabinet members.

Think about this: No one wanted Clinton impeached before the Monica Lewinsky scandal. No one wanted Nixon impeached before Watergate. Both of these people were fairly good presidents with little controversy surrounding them before their grounds of impeachment were discovered. Now consider Trump: A lying, incapable bully already embroiled in several controversies in his first year in office. Trump is doing things in office that the majority of the populace does not want or agree with. The people didn't want Trump, but we got him. Trump is America's loudest voice (literally and figuratively) and that is a very scary thing.


Last edited by Arden_Foxx on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Arden_Foxx
Optio

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : AR, U.S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Cold War Communist on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm not going to get into a discussion on Nixon in a topic about Trump's impeachment. I will say that I, too, respect Henry Kissinger's work and think it is worthy of commendation.

That said, I hope that my bias is obvious, because I don't want to present my opinion as fact, but rather to present my opinion and let the reasoning behind it speak for itself when revealed. There are plenty of facts to back up the current reality: Trump is not a crook, and won't be impeached. Now what do you say we leave this at peace with honor? I don't think there is value to be had in sharing videos from third party sources instead of explaining ourselves; you might as well destroy those tapes and move on.


Last edited by Cold War Communist on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Posts : 263
Join date : 2017-07-11
Age : 95
Location : The East

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Arden_Foxx on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Fair enough, no Nixon debate on Trump debate


Last edited by Arden_Foxx on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Arden_Foxx
Optio

Posts : 75
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : AR, U.S.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by SamSkey on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 am

I want trump because of Mike Pence. Just a few more years Sad
avatar
SamSkey
Centurion

Posts : 221
Join date : 2017-07-08
Age : 19
Location : Indiana, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by DuceMoosolini on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 pm

Impeaching Trump won't just magically make the issues go away. Sure, Pence would restore some semblance of dignity to the WH, but you still have to deal with the 15-20% of the country who are absolutely in love with the man. These are the people convinced that there's a "deep state" sabotaging Trump, and that the GOP are a bunch of cowards who won't do what the man says. They believe the Russia story is a hoax, and they love that Trump is "being tough on Washington."

If he's impeached, those people will flip the hell out. To them, it'll be a hostile Congress killing the American people's only hope. Trump won't go down quietly; he'll still have Twitter. All of the GOP stooges who stood with him (Gingrich, Hannity, etc.) will join him in fanning the flames. At best, the Trump supporters get more radical. At worst . . . you get a bunch of pissed off people in one place, and all kinds of stuff can happen. Worst of all, it would lead to a universal sense of democratic illegitimacy. Faith in the government would be gone, and our political situation will just get more volatile and more extreme.

Letting Trump stay in office is a bad idea. But impeaching him is even worse.
avatar
DuceMoosolini
Centurion

Posts : 118
Join date : 2017-07-11
Age : 19
Location : Kansas, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by eggcrate09 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:39 am

If you want to impeach Trump then you will have to deal with Mike pence for 4 years. I just stick with Trump for the Pepe (Peace be upon him,) pride, but he is a pretty awful politician. However I do believe he is much better than Mike Pence so I say just keep him for the next 4-8 years, presidents don't hold an extreme amount of power so we will be fine.

eggcrate09
Cornicen

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Crazy Boris on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 am

eggcrate09 wrote:If you want to impeach Trump then you will have to deal with Mike pence for 4 years. I just stick with Trump for the Pepe (Peace be upon him,) pride, but he is a pretty awful politician. However I do believe he is much better than Mike Pence so I say just keep him for the next 4-8 years, presidents don't hold an extreme amount of power so we will be fine.

Basically what I think on the matter. I feel like Trump really isn't qualified to be a politician, regardless on what your stance on his policies are, his rough and flashy rhetoric is a stark contrast to the dignified and stately air of his 43 predecessors, and I feel like his primary motive is less serving America and the world more trying to make himself look good in a way only Donald Trump would: by verbally bashing his opponents and not much else.

I don't really see him as a bad president per se, seeing as he's not really done anything of note thusfar other than squabbling with all branches of government across all sides of the political spectrum and making covfefembarassing tweets, but the way I see it, he's not the man for the job. After his inauguration, I found my cautious optimism about him slowly turn into a neutral-negative perspective.

That said, although he's no Barack Obama or John McCain, I do have more confidence in him than Mike Pence, who strikes me as a bit of a Sarah Palin figure, someone who's got a fair bit of political skill... But has that negated by general incompetence and seems... Put politely, rather sketchy.

So in the end, no, I wouldn't be in favor of his impeachment so long as Pence is next in line.

He really should have stuck with entertainment and business. He's certainly better at that than he is a politician...
avatar
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Posts : 120
Join date : 2017-07-08
Age : 20
Location : Space Colony ARK (actually Canada but shh)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Cold War Communist on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:09 pm

If Trump had done something wrong to be impeached, I can't imagine a worse position being to keep him because of Mike Pence. That's saying legality and ethics take a back seat to personal preference.

It makes all the impeachment talk seem like exactly what it is: nonsense. Unless one of these 17 "intelligence" agencies drops some proof of anything, nothing will happen.
avatar
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Posts : 263
Join date : 2017-07-11
Age : 95
Location : The East

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:06 pm

But impeachment isn't about whether trump did something wrong. Its about whether or not the political class likes him.

I already explained this...
avatar
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Posts : 138
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : Tbilisi, Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Cold War Communist on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:38 pm

I know, but that's not why impeachment exists.
avatar
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Posts : 263
Join date : 2017-07-11
Age : 95
Location : The East

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Lord Yavimaya on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:40 pm

I don't like him... but I see nothing that demands an impeachment...
avatar
Lord Yavimaya
Optio

Posts : 68
Join date : 2017-07-08
Location : United States of America

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by mayexplains on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:19 pm

Donald Trump (i'm gonna get backlash for this) should not be impeached, he has not done anything unconstitutional or broken any laws while in office, judging a man on what he said or done 10 years ago would be the same as judging Hillary Clinton for saying gays should not marry 10 years ago (and now she has majority of their support), but things change and people change. He has become more of a moderate and every policy he makes is to put America first, which contradicts Obama when he wanted globalization. Which in turs does not benefit America as much as it should.
avatar
mayexplains
Pedes

Posts : 22
Join date : 2017-08-11
Age : 19
Location : Florida

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74AlH7-Fr6ylDvMJ2g3mBg

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Adolf Francolini on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:05 pm

So Russia got opposition research. Okay. What laws were broken specifically?

People are acting as if Russia hacked the polling booths. No one is even claiming this. There's hardly any ground for a Trump impeachment.
avatar
Adolf Francolini
Cornicen

Posts : 44
Join date : 2017-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Kim Jong-un on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 pm

EmperorTigerstar wrote:I want Donald Trump impeached. He's unqualified, has broken several rules and customs, ruined the dignity of the office, and is overall a horrible man. However, I fear Mike Pence. I (reluctantly) would rather not have Trump impeached until Mike Pence can somehow be removed from office or resign.

I agree with the Emperor.
avatar
Kim Jong-un
Optio

Posts : 67
Join date : 2017-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trump Impeachment or Not

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum