TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History based youtube channels/podcats recommendations

5 posters

Go down

History based youtube channels/podcats recommendations Empty History based youtube channels/podcats recommendations

Post by _Dewey Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:20 am

This topic is about anyone who wants to learn more about history or politics through media, come here to look for new youtube channels or podcasts, or to recommend some. My first recommendations are definitely AlternateHistory/KnowlegeHub, Emperor Tigerstar, Lindybeige (this god among other youtube channels is a must for anyone into this site), Jabzy, Dan Carlin's podcasts (Common sense podcast, about politicas and current events today, then especially his hardcore history podcast. I recommend starting with 'Blueprint for Armageddon', which is about WWI. He's also a god) and Forgotton Weapons (Takes rare or old guns, like the Gewehr 71, takes it apart to show it works, and gives the history around it. It's also a daily upload). I'm not entirely sure if this counts as advertisement, but if it does go against the rules then I guess take it down.
_Dewey
_Dewey
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

History based youtube channels/podcats recommendations Empty Re: History based youtube channels/podcats recommendations

Post by Koopinator Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:05 am

(Parsed from a reddit post. This is a list of Roman and non-roman history channels. You can click the names to be redirected.)  

First and most importantly, There's Historia civilis. His videos have smooth editing and narration.  

There's also the somewhat more obscure Nurrrik and Phoenix Videos. They are not as good, But come at the benefit of coming out frequently. I am currently his sole patron, You should check it out!  

There's also Bazbattles, Although he mostly does medieval history.  

Then there's Decisive battles. The uploader decided not to give the episodes thumbnails, So they look boring. However, They are very quality entertainment (Albeit made with Rome: Total war)  

There's also Invicta, His documentaries tend to be somwhat longer than the others. He has 2 ongoing documentary series, Regular documentaries which are the longer documentaries and Moments which are shorter and easier to consume.  

There's also Rome: The rise and fall of an empire, A freely available documentary series about the roman empire (from Caesar to the fall of the west). The battles aren't that exciting but it does the politics justice. It also uses real actors.  

Then there's the rogue empire. He doesn't actually regularly make documentaries, But he did once try to make one. You can see his documentary (not plural) Here
If you want a chronological list of roman history documentaries, See click here  

There are also some non-roman history channels, Which i will also list:

• Feature history is a channel that focuses on more recent events, Even going to the Iran-Iraq war, The Chechen wars and the gulf war.

• Reply history Is a history channel that's good and im not sure what to describe it with

• The Wise Coffin focuses on soldier types instead of battles. He regularly deletes his videos but i have 40% of them backed up.

• Extra credits/Extra history makes videos on any period in history. I find these videos to be very entertaining, But peer reviewers on /r/badhistory have found them to only be around 60-80% accurate instead of 100% which means they're hitler

• Battle history has made 1 video, But he says he plans to do more so you should keep an eye on him.

• The Great war recounts the first world war on a week-by-week basis. The war lasted from 1914 to 1918, And his show is intended to run from 2014 to 2018. My personal complaint is that it takes really long, But if you are willing to put in the enormous amount of time than you can get enjoyment out of it.

• Epic history TV makes very entertaining episodes. I've only seen the world war 1 videos, And i like them better than TGW because they are shorter

• The Internet Historian makes "Meme-ish" videos about things or controversies that happened on the internet. You may feel he does not warrant inclusion, But it depends on your definition of history.

• Military History Visualized Makes videos on world war II statistics, Myths and Other things

• OZ Analysis makes regular updates about the syrian civil war, AKA the history that's being made right this instant

EmperortigerstarOllie byeHistorical map animatorJake mappingS&F ProductionsVictorbrineBommel-MappingRobalot39DeathontwolegsHistorical mappingGalacticPenguinTVOğuzhan Tekcan Mapping are channels that make day-by-day timelapses of various wars throughout history. They also make year-by-year maps of empires.
Koopinator
Koopinator
Optio

Back to top Go down

History based youtube channels/podcats recommendations Empty Re: History based youtube channels/podcats recommendations

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Caspian Reports focuses mostly on geopolitics but there is a ton of history in it.

He is my second favorite historian after Historia Civilis. Top quality.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Boris Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:06 pm

All the history etc. channels I'm subscribed to:

-Ancient Recitations (audio)
-BazBattles (military)
-Brain4Breakfast (general history)
-Derovolk (anthems)
-Drex (videomaps)
-EmperorTigerstar (videomaps)
-Extra Credits (General history)
-Feature History (general history)
-Forgotten Weapons (Military)
-GalacticPenguinTV (videomaps)
-Geography Now (geography-based, but some history)
-Historia Civilis (Mostly Roman)
-Historyden (mostly ancient and medieval)
-Jabzy (general history, mostly military)
-Jake Mapping (videomaps)
-KnowledgeHub (general history mostly)
-Lindybeige (mostly military)
-Olliebye (Videomaps)
-Reply History (general)
-TheBeardedhistorian (general)
-The Dragon historian (videomaps and general East Asia)
-The Great War (WWI)
-Trey the explainer (prehistory)
-Vologdamapping (videomaps)
-Xidnaf (linguistics)
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by _Dewey Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Woah I didn't think there would be so many suggestions, this is gonna take a while to go through all of them lol. Thanks for all of them by the way.
_Dewey
_Dewey
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Hardcore History is a fantastic podcast! But the first several episodes cost money. But it's worth it IMO. You can try newer episodes for free though.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by _Dewey Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:21 pm

EmperorTigerstar wrote:Hardcore History is a fantastic podcast! But the first several episodes cost money. But it's worth it IMO. You can try newer episodes for free though.

They're definitely worth it, my favourite series he made are probably Blueprint for Armageddon and Ghosts of the Ostfront, and favourite single episodes are Apache Tears and Steppe Stories. Have you seen he's also on Spotify? Yesterday he released a new episode 'the Celtic Holocaust' on it, it's 6 hours long.
_Dewey
_Dewey
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down