TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if Persia conquered Greece?

2 posters

Go down

What if Persia conquered Greece? Empty What if Persia conquered Greece?

Post by Mr Trolldemort Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 pm

So, this subsection of the forum hasn't been used in a while, which is too bad, because there's a lot of potential topics to discuss. Here's a cool one I thought of.

So, for those of you interested, the Achaemenid Empire (aka the first Persian empire) attempted to invade the Ancient Greek city states twice: in 492 BC and again in 480 BC after the first one failed. It led to Athens and Sparta become the dominant powers in Greece, and created a golden age in Greece. However, their rivalries led to 2 major alliances and the Peloponnesian wars a few decades later.

So what if Persia successfully conquered the Greek city states? How would it affect the world without the golden age of philosophy and increased Persian influences on Greek (and therefore western) culture?
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What if Persia conquered Greece? Empty Re: What if Persia conquered Greece?

Post by ScarletHistorian Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Persia would be like a middle eastern roman empire, but would still fall in a war of attrition against say...ROME
ScarletHistorian
ScarletHistorian
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Trolldemort Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:39 pm

ScarletHistorian wrote:Persia would be like a middle eastern roman empire, but would still fall in a war of attrition against say...ROME

I'm not sure how the Romans would do against the Persians. I personally think that something similar to the rivalry between the Romans and the Parthians would occur in our timeline, except its another power. The other difference would be that the Romans would be more different than in our timelines, as the Romans were heavily influenced by the Greeks in our timeline. I think it would just be a stalemate until the Persians collapsed on their own, which is must more likely to occur with the additional costs to maintain control over Greece.

Regardless, western civilization would be much different than in our timelines, with an increase of Persian culture and without Alexander the Great conquering Persia, it would change the spread of Greek culture in places in Asia and Africa, which in turn would also influence the Romans.
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down