TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development of EU

4 posters

Go down

Development of EU Empty Development of EU

Post by Historyislove Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:35 am

What do you think about the future of European Union? Will it collapse? Will there be one European state in the future? You can also add which country you are from

Historyislove
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Development of EU Empty Re: Development of EU

Post by Mr Trolldemort Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:13 pm

This is coming from an outsider source in Canada:

I don't believe it will collapse. Sure, the Brexit referendum was a huge blow, but the rest of the EU has foiled 3 hard Eurosceptic parties from gaining power in Austria, the Netherlands and France. That means, at least for the time being, the EU isn't disappearing soon.

I also doubt the EU would ever become a single country. It is simply far too diverse to include so many nationalities and the interests of each individual area is vastly different from each other. If it does, it's because one state becomes so powerful it can influence all others to join it, but right now nobody is powerful enough for that to happen.

I think it will become slightly more centralized than it is now. Perhaps the EU parliament will be able to pass more laws that must be applied to everyone in each country but nothing more. I think the best comparison to what I believe it would become is like the historical German Confederation during the mid 19th century, where all the German states had a say and were able to regulate things such as the economy between states and borders but not much else without unanimous support. I think it will just continue adding members and slowly but surely all of them would adopt the Euro which would therefore lead to an monetary union but politically not change much.
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Prediction: Britian will hard brexit by March 31st, 2019.  

The EU will then move on creation of a unified military command structure or an "EU army". Britian was the only one to veto the EU army the last time it came up.

The EU is moving faster than expected. They have already set up a unified budget for this new military: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/820418/european-union-army-defence-fund-emmanuel-macron-angela-merkel-juncker-military

The ultimate goal is to alter NATO from a US-led alliance to a German-led alliance. The politics are complicated and I won't get into all of it but basically, Merkel wants the EU to place its 22 militaries under one military structure, a structure with a German at the top who reports directly to Merkel.

This will be completed by 2021
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Malotun Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Nobody expected the Fourth Reich!
Malotun
Malotun
Optio

Back to top Go down