TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Legacy of Fujimori

2 posters

Go down

The Legacy of Fujimori Empty The Legacy of Fujimori

Post by fischyk Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:01 am

President Alberto Fujimori , IMO, was a man who stopped an awful terrorist group, and is a hero for that. He gets a bad rapport, including the claim he was in Chile to start another Presidential campaign. My father, who worked for the US Embassy in Lima, claims Fujimori was actually on the way to turn himself in, and was visiting family beforehand. Instead of letting that happen, the white establishment, which did not like him despite his pro-establishment policies, arrested him before he could do the right thing. Rumor has it the establishment viewed him as too much of an outsider because of his Japanese heritage.
I am more than a little biased, since I remember Fujimori's presidency as a time of safety, though to be fair, I was pretty young then. After all, I grew up in Lima, and his legacy was a great one in my mind.
fischyk
fischyk
Pedes

Back to top Go down

The Legacy of Fujimori Empty Re: The Legacy of Fujimori

Post by Mr Trolldemort Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Interesting topic. I've never heard of Fujimori before or what he did, but sounds like he is polarizing figure depending on your political beliefs
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by fischyk Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Yeah, he is still alive, though in prison. His daughter narrowly lost an election with a pardon for Alberto being high on the party platform.
fischyk
fischyk
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down