TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S.

Go down

Favorite Regional Take On Pizza In The U.S.?

Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_lcap50%Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_lcap50%Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_lcap0%Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_lcap0%Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. Empty Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S.

Post by ceaserkhan22 Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Pizza has long been a favorite food in the U.S. ever since Italian immigrant Gennaro Lombardi left Naples for NY City and opened the first pizzeria in the U.S. in 1905 on Manhattan. Since then Pizza has reached every part of the country and numerous styles emerged with different regional takes on the originally Italian favorite. Listed are 10 of some of the most prominent  regional styles, but their are others as well, namely Washington D.C. jumbo style, Rhode Island grilled style, Long Island grandma style, Buffalo, NY "cup and char" style, Memphis BBQ style... If you know others feel free to comment. Which style do you like the most?
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S. Empty Re: Best Regional Pizza Style In The U.S.

Post by ceaserkhan22 Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 pm

As you can see from the list most styles developed in the north as pizza wasn't much of a southern traditional food until an Italian restaurant chef in Tennessee named Jerry Coletta realized the south's true food obsession is BBQ. So in the 1950's Coletta made pizza palatable to southerners liking with the creation of the BBQ pizza, which opened the door for pizza as a southern staple as well.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down