TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if the Allies and Comintern went to war straight after WW2?

+7
Commie_China_Champ
Brusilov
Hashem
perkman123
Conquerer1234
Last_surprise_commieV3
GeorgeIVofBritannia
11 posters

Go down

What if the Allies and Comintern  went to war straight after WW2? Empty What if the Allies and Comintern went to war straight after WW2?

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:50 pm

----====={} What if the Allies and Comintern went to war straight after WW2? {}=====----

Discuss
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What if the Allies and Comintern  went to war straight after WW2? Empty Re: What if the Allies and Comintern went to war straight after WW2?

Post by Last_surprise_commieV3 Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Commimtern and Allies would be in a stalemate
Last_surprise_commieV3
Last_surprise_commieV3
Pedes

Back to top Go down

What if the Allies and Comintern  went to war straight after WW2? Empty Re: What if the Allies and Comintern went to war straight after WW2?

Post by Conquerer1234 Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:15 pm

GeorgeIVofBritannia wrote:
----====={} What if the Allies and Comintern  went to war straight after WW2? {}=====----

Discuss
does this mean the European Front or the War in General? either way the Soviet Army steamrolls Europe and the Americans drop atomic bombs on Russian Cities while landing near Murmansk.
Conquerer1234
Conquerer1234
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Conquerer1234 wrote:
does this mean the European Front or the War in General? either way the Soviet Army steamrolls Europe and the Americans drop atomic bombs on Russian Cities while landing near Murmansk.

The war in general.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by perkman123 Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:09 pm

I think that the allies would win, for one they will have support from many "liberated" countries, and have a war machine thats totally capable of going on for many more years. Another reason i think this is that the Soviets would immediately lose all logistical support from the united states and the other allies, which would mean they could not afford to launch such rapid and powerful offensives like they did during the war, and they'd have tons of problems feeding troops, not to mention there manpower reserves were drained. A final note is both the technical superiority of the allies, the atomic bomb would be a crucial weapon to knocking out the Soviets leadership, and morale, and with newer weapons like the M2 Carbine (an assault rifle basically) and the M26 pershing entering service would make the western allies a deadly and effective force, with logistics and air support, two things Germany lacked during the war.

perkman123
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:39 pm

I think the allies would win because I'm sure that the soviet union's soldiers would be tired from the war they have just been in, like exhausted and such, but I'm sure that the comintern would be winning in the first few phases of the war but then get pushed back. But this is only my opinion.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Brusilov Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:25 am

I'm not sure. Operation Unthinkable sounded pretty stupid even on paper. The soviets had 10 million troops in 1945.
10, MILLION vs the 4,5 million allied ones.
Also, the soviets had more planes, tanks and artillery.
Well, the allies would be pretty surprised by how the soviets can fight.
There would be massive losses on both sides, but I think it would end with the allies dropping atomic bombs on the soviets.
I don't know who would be the winner though. Stalin was mad, so he could still be fighting after several nuclear detonations.
Brusilov
Brusilov
Centurion

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MemeExamination/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commie_China_Champ Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:55 pm

I think we would have seen a 1940 situation where the allies are pushed out of mainland europe then the allies would take soldiers from all other fronts and launch a bunch of naval invasions then the comintern would be pushed back into the USSR where a peace deal is made as a invasion of Russia would result in unbelievable casualties
Commie_China_Champ
Commie_China_Champ
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Napoleon Bonaparte Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 pm

I think the communists would of been able to secure control of mainland Europe.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Napoleon Bonaparte
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cold War Communist Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:31 pm

France would have become a communist stronghold. The Soviets had the numbers advantage. The allies had the nuclear "advantage" (in quotes because the edge was really in the fact that the Soviets didn't know how many bombs were in allied possession). Eventually though, I think the Soviets would have pushed the allies far enough to force a surrender prior to the production of another nuclear bomb.

Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 pm

the Western Powers would have won Since the United States had nuclear weapons.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:47 pm

The United States had all the factories too.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:55 pm

They need to make a movie about operation unthinkable.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Because the Allies transported supplies by boat they would have the shorter supply lines. The soviets would have a serious supply problem.

Stalin was genuinely scared of the atomic bombs (as evidence he tried to get nukes as fast as possible).

Stalin would have signed a peace so long as it included soviet control of East Germany and Poland. Stalin was paranoid about Germany rising again. He died thinking that the Soviet Union eventually fall to Germans. The Balkans and other eastern European countries would come under the influence of NATO. The cold war mostly continues as normal except with the border changes.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down