TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped

Go down

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Empty The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped

Post by themadprogramer Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:35 am

Well the last post in this thread was about 3 months ago. And guess what? It's about Iraq again!

So I was strolling in the Off Topic section...

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen10

Yeah one of these is especially not like the others. Turns out this links to an enigmatic, in more ways than one, forum titled bondladyscorner.com:

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen11

Naturally I've done all of you a favor and registered in order to extract the links, yet only the one in the middle is functional as the other two are unusably glitched:

Article Link, Data Link and the Unfortunately unusably glitched Full Screen Map.

The solution? Well that second link still manages to preserve the map. The map here is amazing, each point doesn't necessarily represent a casualty but rather an incident. Clicking on any will reveal a multitude of information:

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen10

But I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed it. So here's what I'll do: I'll just post a few screenshots here and those of you interested can visit the link for themselves or in case you do know how explain how I could possibly embed it, because for whatever reason the source of the map refuses to open on any page besides that one..

So here you go:

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen19

Overview of Iraq

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen12

The map's default location: the Surroundings of Um-Al Khanzeer Island and Baghdad University

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen14

Central Iraq: Baghdad and its surroundings

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Basrah10

Southern Iraq: Basrah and its surroundings

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen11

Northern Iraq: Erbil and its surroundings

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen16

Casualties beyond the border: Syria, Jordan and Saudi Arabia

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen15

Casualties beyond the border: Turkey and Iran
I should have maybe made a third one for Iran but I especially wanted to add this to showcase how far beyond the borders of Iraq the conflict was able to reach.

The casualties of the Iraq war, mapped Screen13

Ruins of Ancient Babylon
themadprogramer
themadprogramer
Pedes

Back to top Go down