Habitable Mars

Go down

Habitable Mars

Post by Sullab on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Here's an interesting thought I had. Suppose Mars, instead of being the cold, dead planet it was today, was more like science suggested it was million of years ago: warmer, wetter, less radiation. Much like Earth, with a breathable atmosphere and liquid oceans, with a reasonable temperature range and a hot core to generate a magnetic field to protect from radiation. No life, of course, but all the building blocks are there. How does humanity colonize this habitable nearby planet?

Sullab
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Habitable Mars

Post by AlexanderTheDank on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 pm

This will be a fun scenario! I shall get started with the history of Mars & what developed out of it culturally among the civilizations that rose and fell.

About 300000 years ago, the Starborn who were the Gods of the Universe seeded humanity upon two planets in the solar system, Mars & Terra which is known by humanity today as Earth. The humans who grew up on Mars & Earth were obviously going to look differently due to their different environments. The civilizations of Earth developed a little bit later than the first Martian civilizations. Before this, the Martians discovered agriculture about 20000 years ago which caused these Martians not to hunt the animals upon Mars like the flying Flyn'ue or the animals which had three humps commonly used by nomads, the Iechobue. Now these creatures which were hunted by the nomadic societies of Mars who looked relatively tan & looked more like reptilians with a tail hanging from them. They commonly wore masks which covered their faces from the flying sandstorms on Mars.

The first civilization which arose among the rivers of Henry & Paetur on the Arabia Terra which were named the Reit'eart
were mainly sophisticated people using the materials of Mars which mainly consisted of rocks found beneath the soil & made adobes. These adobes usually had a hearth in the middle along with a door that could open & close when a sandstorm came. Often, the Reit'eart's homes usually didn't have windows though the rich class did. They had canvas covers over their windows. However, this civilization did something quite strange. Agriculture in this society & so many other societies like it developed agriculture inside buildings called outrapa's was this "greenhouse-like" building which contained tinted windows from the ceilings to let the native plants grow.

I think this is where I'm going to stop. EmperorTiger, if you see this, make a series about this as I'm going to keep explaining the civilizations on Mars which are obviously made-up All the places I'm using are actually real on Mars so it won't be heard defining roughly where the borders are.
AlexanderTheDank
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrus the Great on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:07 pm

What if humanity started on mars and eventually colonized Earth instead. I think that would be a cool idea.
Cyrus the Great
Pedes

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperHerobrine3

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Guilder on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:38 pm

I think it would be extremely interesting if two separate civilizations developed and on Earth the humans first discover the Martians from observatories in the late nineteenth century. After discovering an advanced civilization on another world, Earth becomes obsessed with visiting the planet and makes rocketry and space travel advances much faster and earlier than in our timeline. Eventually Earth explorers set up a base on the moon and prepare a large expedition of mostly European scientists and adventurers. (I would expect to see a good number of Germans because of their technological prowess in our timeline.) So a large ship with possibly a hundred or more Earth explorers travels to Mars and they find the Martians in the midst of a world war. Because the two planets are different Mars and Earth each have exotic technologies that both planets would be interested in trading for. This leaves the expedition, and the nations back on Earth (who in this scenario are experiencing high tensions and the threat of a world war on Earth because the "Mars Fever" that brought cooperation was able to prevent WWI for years) in a precarious position of how and if they should intervene in the Martian War.
Darth Guilder
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrus the Great on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Darth Guilder wrote:I think it would be extremely interesting if two separate civilizations developed and on Earth the humans first discover the Martians from observatories in the late nineteenth century.

I think it would be the other way around, just because Martian civilization would be more advanced. Because of how old their civilization would be.
Cyrus the Great
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Guilder on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Cyrus the Great wrote:
Darth Guilder wrote:I think it would be extremely interesting if two separate civilizations developed and on Earth the humans first discover the Martians from observatories in the late nineteenth century.

I think it would be the other way around, just because Martian civilization would be more advanced. Because of how old their civilization would be.

Either way is a good idea I want to see people expand on both, maybe I'm just biased because I currently live on Earth.
Darth Guilder
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrus the Great on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Darth Guilder wrote:
Cyrus the Great wrote:

Either way is a good idea I want to see people expand on both, maybe I'm just biased because I currently live on Earth.

Well I live on Mars, so....... Laughing
Cyrus the Great
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullab on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:45 pm

Quick, someone who has image creating abilities, I want a political map of Mars. GO!

Sullab
Pedes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down