TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you think is the best caliph in Islamic history?

+6
Hashem
SamSkey
Crazy Boris
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Ataturk Soldier
TheSaxonKnight
10 posters

Go down

Who do you think is the best caliph in Islamic history? Empty Who do you think is the best caliph in Islamic history?

Post by TheSaxonKnight Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:03 am

In this topic, you can choose any caliph in history (except the Ottoman caliphs because they really weren't caliphs in my opinion). You also have to explain why.
My pick would be Harun al-Rashid, he built the house of wisdom and transformed Baghdad into one of the greatest cities on earth at that time, he also promoted science and culture and ruled at the height of Islamic golden age.
TheSaxonKnight
TheSaxonKnight
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Who do you think is the best caliph in Islamic history? Empty Re: Who do you think is the best caliph in Islamic history?

Post by Ataturk Soldier Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:08 am

Ottoman Sultans couldnt be the best anyways even if you included them because only thing they knew was invading Ottomans didnt contribute anything to science.
My pick is also Harun because of the same reasons

Ataturk Soldier
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Who do you think is the best caliph in Islamic history? Empty Re: Who do you think is the best caliph in Islamic history?

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Ottoman.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Boris Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Harun al-Rashid, I agree completley
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I we talking about specific or just the nationality of the leaders?
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataturk Soldier Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:23 pm

GeorgeIVofBritannia wrote:Ottoman.
caliph not caliphate

Ataturk Soldier
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Ottoman.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:15 am

Well since I am a muslim, I don't really like to specifically choose, but if you bring up the topic of caliphate I'd say Ummayad empire. Then again since you said Harum AL Rashid, I'm confused since there were only four rightly chosen caliphs, Abu Bakr, Omar, Uthman, and Ali. And I would say Omar since he was the strongest and everyone generally feared him and loved him so it was peaceful.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishanth128 Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 pm

TheSaxonKnight wrote:In this topic, you can choose any caliph in history (except the Ottoman caliphs because they really weren't caliphs in my opinion). You also have to explain why.
My pick would be Harun al-Rashid, he built the house of wisdom and transformed Baghdad into one of the greatest cities on earth at that time, he also promoted science and culture and ruled at the height of Islamic golden age.
While I didn't know the name before this, I would certainly go with Harun al-Rashid. His ideas changed the world. Other than that, Uthman. When he decided to stop the spreading of liberal translations of the Quran, while I'm not Muslim myself, he preserved something of incredible value. As a history buff, you got to see the importance of that.
Nishanth128
Nishanth128
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dittatore_Signore_Massimo Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Harun Al Rashid
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by shaheen Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Harun Al Rashid/ Aron the Just, was a great caliph, but I think Umar the second caliph was the best of them. Had it not been for him the Caliphate may have remained a confederation of the Arab clans of the peninsula, he was the reason for the conquests of the levant, Persia, and Egypt.

shaheen
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by eggcrate09 Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Umar ibn Al-Khaṭṭāb was probably the best caliph in my eyes .He was able to take Roman Egypt, the entirety of the Levant, Cyrenaica , Tripolitania, (Parts of) Fezzan, and Eastern Anatolia. He reached the Indus in the east, Amu Darya in the north, and up to modern day Libyan territory in the West. He was able to make a super power of the Rashidun Caliphate. I did not pick Uthman because he did not add much to what Umar had done, Uthman relied more on economy but was assassinated.

eggcrate09
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down