TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940?

+8
Bowtie
Brusilov
WW2 Buff
Conquerer1234
321gman
Commie_China_Champ
Kaiser Ken
GeorgeIVofBritannia
12 posters

Go down

What next?

What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_lcap29%What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_lcap7%What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_lcap36%What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_lcap7%What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_lcap21%What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? Empty What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940?

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:01 pm

---------===========++++++++++++++===========---------
-----===========++++++++++++++===========-----
-===========++++++++++++++===========-
========++++++++++++++=======
{-} What if the Soviet Union along with the rest of the comintern (Mongolia and Tannu Tuva) joined the axis in 1940? {-}

{-} What I think {-}

I think that due to the Comintern joining the Axis in 1940, the USA would've joined the allies, to fight against the communists and fascists. Who knows who would've won WW2? I can see it being the Deustches Reich due to having the Soviets as their strongest ally.

{-} What do you think? {-}

Tell me what you think down below

That's it I'm your Royal King and Emperor George IV and have a good one.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? Empty Re: What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940?

Post by Kaiser Ken Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:35 pm

Possible Soviet-Nazi Cold War? I'd also be interested in what internal Soviet and German politics would lead to the USSR joining Axis.
Kaiser Ken
Kaiser Ken
Optio

Back to top Go down

What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940? Empty Re: What if the Soviets joined the Axis in 1940?

Post by Commie_China_Champ Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:01 am

I think china would have been invaded along with the british raj and the Axis would have dominated the Middle east and Europe
Operation Sea lion might succeed but a invasion of the mainland united states is impossible so if the United states stays out of the war I think we would have seen a three way cold war between America Germany and the USSR
Commie_China_Champ
Commie_China_Champ
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by 321gman Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:06 am

but you also have to count the fact that the USA had two or three times the industrial capacity of the Axis, so throwing in the Committern likely wouldn't even tie it. Therefore the Cold War would go one of two ways, a two-way and a three-way. The two way would be the US verses the Alliance, that would take a very long time to settle. The 3-way would be the USA, with a possibly sudo-puppeted GB and Japan, Germany, and the USSR, with the alliance likely collapsing after actual fighting stops. The USSR and Germany would likely go to blows first as they would share a land border and therefore tensions would be higher. Then the USA would sweep in and take care of the remnants. But what do you think? Is my idea valid?
321gman
321gman
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Conquerer1234 Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:23 am

The Soviets and the Germans win the war in mainland Eurasia, then after they win they kill eachother off in either coventional war or a nuclear war.
Conquerer1234
Conquerer1234
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by 321gman Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:32 am

Conquerer1234 wrote:The Soviets and the Germans win the war in mainland Eurasia, then after they win they kill eachother off in either coventional war or a nuclear war.
Well.....India and China MIGHT hold out, but that is a tricky one.
321gman
321gman
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by WW2 Buff Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 am

If so this friendship would easily be very fragile and would cause a cold war which most likely would of been won by Germany cause in our timeline the USSR fell under its own weight. Also it would be going up against the Germans there technology was advancing at a swift pace.

WW2 Buff
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Brusilov Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:07 am

The soviets and germans would completely destroy the allies, that's for sure.
With the russian oil fields, farms and factories all being intact they could supply all of the axis powers with food, steel, oil and many other materials needed for the war effort.
The soviets would absolutely steamroll the allies in my opinion, since the only german weaknesses were the size of it's army and their lack of resources for a long war (which lead to the downfall of the Empire in the 1st World War)
They would be able to starve the british isles, by submarines, blockades and air-raid missions. They (the germans) would now have enough materials to produce huge amounts of U-Boats, Planes and tanks.
Operation Seelöwe could now be executed and the british isles integrated into the Reich
Brusilov
Brusilov
Centurion

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MemeExamination/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:03 pm

At the time Russia's main strength was in being on the defense, I don't believe they would have made a difference right off the bat, England would have fallen and Germany not having the Navy to cross the Atlantic would have turn toward African, if the axis were delayed long enough the United States would have invented the nuclear bomb and eventually won the war.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Onward Painter X Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:20 pm

Axis won WW2 because the main reason Hitler lost was because he was at war the U.S.S.R which crippled his manpower.
Onward Painter X
Onward Painter X
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:33 am

The poll seems to have nothing to do with the question at hand.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metsarebuff1222 Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 am

Never would have happened. The Nazis ideology was based on the hatred of Judeo-Boshevikism. Also they wanted the fertile lands of European Russia for Liebenstram to build a self sufficient Reich. The only reason for the Molotov- Ribbentrop Agreement was so the Germans would have the east pacified while the take on the west. In the crazy universe where they did join, I don't think it would have been an easy victory. America would join the war immediately and set up an invasion force in Alaska to invade eastern siberia, mabye even making an agreement with Japan to help and Japan would get part of eastern siberia if they won, satifying their need for natural resources. With no eastern front, operation sea lion is way more plausible. In the end, the Allies would still probably win. The Axis would be fighting in Siberia and in Britain, and the American and Japanese would probably beat the Russians. Remember, Germany almost beat the Soviets in our timeline, and with American leaders compandance, along with Allies in Middle Asia and Siberia, would win
Metsarebuff1222
Metsarebuff1222
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobius Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:21 pm

While the future alliance probably wouldn't last, every other nation of Earth is doomed. The British cannot push back the German invasion because there are thousands upon thousands of Soviet cannon fodder, protecting the statistically more valuable Nazi units as they advance. If the Axis manages to somehow get a beachhead and stable supply route either in North or South America, the US is doomed unless they can make nukes first. The Axis now has the numbers to overwhelm their enemies, and the quality units to outmatch everyone else.

Cobius
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down