TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you think the world today would be like if the Communist Revolution won in Germany at the end of WW1?

+4
brandedelemental
Brusilov
SamSkey
firemac
8 posters

Go down

What would you think the world today would be like if the Communist Revolution won in Germany at the end of WW1? Empty What would you think the world today would be like if the Communist Revolution won in Germany at the end of WW1?

Post by firemac Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:21 pm

I think if it did win the world could be different in many ways to WW2 happening or not or Germany becoming allies with the Soviet Union or turning against each other. Tell me what you think!
firemac
firemac
Pedes

Back to top Go down

What would you think the world today would be like if the Communist Revolution won in Germany at the end of WW1? Empty Re: What would you think the world today would be like if the Communist Revolution won in Germany at the end of WW1?

Post by SamSkey Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Well, assuming the Japan would never join the Axis, thus leading to the USA not dropping the Atom bomb. I think another WW2 would happen, but instead of Fascism, it would be Communism vs Democracy. I feel like this War would happen before 1939 due to the Rise of Communist wanting to spread communism throughout the whole world. Germany would definatly become a huge front during this Alternate WW2, but they would have no army due to the Treaty of Versailles. Germany would be weaker and the US would join the war earlier due to the huge armies of the USSR. I don't think the Atom bomb would be invented until the late 1950s or early 1960s.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What would you think the world today would be like if the Communist Revolution won in Germany at the end of WW1? Empty Re: What would you think the world today would be like if the Communist Revolution won in Germany at the end of WW1?

Post by Brusilov Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:28 pm

In my opinion history would turn out a little bit more different aswell, but not too much.
First, the spartacus movement differed from that of the soviets by quite a lot. They were (at least to my knowledge) less extreme in their ways and more open to capitalists (or the bourgeoisie/upper class) than the soviets.
Although no matter what government would rule germany, the Wall Street crash of 1929 would hit it just as hard as it did in our timeline. Sure, even if the germans would've nationalized all banks and what not, they would still rely on the US' money to rebuild after WWI
And that would've given Hitler an even better target, since the government was communist already.
Brusilov
Brusilov
Centurion

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MemeExamination/

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Brusilov wrote:In my opinion history would turn out a little bit more different aswell, but not too much.
First, the spartacus movement differed from that of the soviets by quite a lot. They were (at least to my knowledge) less extreme in their ways and more open to capitalists (or the bourgeoisie/upper class) than the soviets.
Although no matter what government would rule germany, the Wall Street crash of 1929 would hit it just as hard as it did in our timeline. Sure, even if the germans would've nationalized all banks and what not, they would still rely on the US' money to rebuild after WWI
And that would've given Hitler an even better target, since the government was communist already.

Maybe I was being a little dramatic, but I think Hitler wouldn't gain as much power as before. I think the USSR would eventually make Germany a "puppet state" in a sense that if Germany doesn't listen to the USSR, the USSR will punish Germany.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by brandedelemental Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:33 pm

If Germany had joined the Soviet Union as communist powers in Europe, then I believe that there would still be a decent chance of WWII occurring. With the successes of communist revolutions, I believe that the rest of the world would start to crack down harder on communist elements than they did historically. Also without Hitler, I believe that a Fascist Italy would have been seen by Democratic powers as a preferable alternative to the growing communist threat.

However, like with the Trotsky-Stalin and Sino-Soviet divides, I believe that the two communist nations would have a decent chance of having a fallout, each adhering to their own versions of the ideal communist society. I can imagine a scenario where the two nations would each try to sponsor communist revolutions in Eastern Europe, but each having their own factions that would possibly fight each other.

brandedelemental
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by firemac Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Yeah, the Spartacus wasn't as powerful as such like the Bolsheviks and the German Government got the retired soldiers (Freikorps) to kill them off but it would be interesting to see what would happen if it had won since in our timeline, yes the German Government was More Left-Wing but the Spartacus were extreme Lefties and it would be interesting to see what would've happened.
firemac
firemac
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:39 pm

So many different things could have happened if they won.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Brusilov Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:42 pm

SamSkey wrote:So many different things could have happened if they won.
You're right.
My opinion on this topic is also just one scenario.
They could also have been a role model for further communist uprisings all over the world.
Brusilov
Brusilov
Centurion

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MemeExamination/

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Have to agree with Samskey.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSkey Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:08 pm

GeorgeIVofBritannia wrote:Have to agree with Samskey.

Whoop. Although I do have to say that the war would last longer. I think there would be a lot of stalemates on the front lines.
SamSkey
SamSkey
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Retro Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:48 pm

My opinion on this matter, a possible scenario, is that Germany would still have been the same, and even have the same outcome, as this timeline. If Hitler could not rise to power due to the Communists banning other parties, the Germans would still ally themselves with the USSR, and attack poland. Starting the second world war, only instead of Italy and Japan, the USSR joins Germany. They win the land war, but their navies are unable to match the British. Airforce can land paratroopers onto the British mainland, but they would have no way of getting supplies. the USA would not get dragged into the war due to a lack of Japan and eventually the British people would overthrow Churchill and surrender to the Germans.

Retro
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashem Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:30 pm

To be honest I think world war 2 would have been avoided, because it would be a new government and I'm sure that the soviet union would make a treaty with them.
Hashem
Hashem
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kmongo Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 am

The Germans and Soviets might have attacked the Poles but I'm not certain if that would have caused a World War. Maybe it would have been like Czechoslovakia in our timeline, with the Allies intervening, when the communists try to grab land elsewhere, while they would tolerate the first war. The second Sino-Japanese War would probably drag on for much longer without the European powers being weakened by Germany and the Japanese joining the Axis. The scenario is pretty unlikely though, because communism was not very popular, especially in the army. Even if we make communism more popular in Germany to make this scenario work the government would still have to go through some kind of purge similiar to what the Soviets did, just a lot larger. This would especially hit the military and Germany would be MUCH weaker than in our timeline. One person definitly removed in those purges would be Guderian, so Blitzkrieg would not exist and the German tanks would be a lot worse. Several states would probably also try to secede from Germany, not entirely sure which and whether it would succeed. Some likely states for this would be Silesia and East-Prussia, where the population was the most right wing. A secession of East-Prussia probably would have succeeded because of it being separated from the rest of the country.
Kmongo
Kmongo
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down