TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your Favorite Ideology?

+28
Preussischen Königreich
Foxtrot
FJIUDOegz2iuoiö
Malotun
EmperorRanceTheDragonHear
Cobius
CptCrape
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
King Zog
Octagon History
DukeOfTea
EmperorTigerstar
Thrawn
AltHistNerd13
Borussia
NationStates
Cold War Communist
x24mori
AHistoryBuff
BigMacArthur
DavidlVofGeorgia
jeanwickert
Carl Hamilton
r3volutionr0ck
Adolf Francolini
RandSinger
_Dewey
Nachos81
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What is your Favorite Ideology? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your Favorite Ideology?

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:26 pm

So you want free healthcare from the government you are about to abolish? Great plan.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What is your Favorite Ideology? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your Favorite Ideology?

Post by AltHistNerd13 Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:00 pm

DavidlVofGeorgia wrote:So you want free healthcare from the government you are about to abolish?  Great plan.
The idea behind Anarcho-Communism is that goods and services should be provided in a Collectivist Mutaulistic manner, not by the government, if I'm not mistaken.
AltHistNerd13
AltHistNerd13
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mruniversalpie Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:15 pm

DavidlVofGeorgia wrote:So you want free healthcare from the government you are about to abolish?  Great plan.
No that's not what I want at all. Anarcho communist don't wish to abolish government, instead we wish to abolish hierarchy and to do that we must overthrow the state. A "state" under the communist definition is the form of government used by the bourgeois to opress the proletariat i.e. a liberal democracy. This is different from a government as a "state" is only one of many forms of government. This leaves anarchists with a total democracy as our form of government, though participation in that government is voluntary.

Last edited by Mruniversalpie on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought I was in a different thread)
Mruniversalpie
Mruniversalpie
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Guilder Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Absolutism under a reincarnated Emperor Norton I.
Darth Guilder
Darth Guilder
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:47 pm

@Mruniversalpie

Do you have any real world examples of these "non-state governments" or are we all expected to throw our away our lives and our countries into a chaotic, violent revolution for... two months of the Paris Commune?
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mruniversalpie Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm

DavidlVofGeorgia wrote:@Mruniversalpie

Do you have any real world examples of these "non-state governments" or are we all expected to throw our away our lives and our countries into a chaotic, violent revolution for... two months of the Paris Commune?

A violent revolution is the only way a revolution can truly succeed, else slow reforms throw your country into chaos as is the case in Venezuela now. As to real world examples the most cited among anarchists is the CNT in Catalonia during the Spanish civil war. Catalonian production rose as did standard of living. The Kibbutz of Israel during the beginnings of Zionism are another example and even today make up a large part of Israels industrial production. Though the Kibbutz have today been annexed into the Israeli state they still maintain a level of autonomy. Though no longer anarchist, the kibbutz remain as communes. Lastly comes Rojava one of the largest factions in the Syrian civil war. While not strictly anarchist Rojava has replaced the bourgeois liberal democracy with direct local committee elections which Kurdish political figure Abdullah Ocalan describes as "democracy without a state".

As to the Paris commune, I'm sort of with you on that one hahah. Many cite it as a successful case of anarchism but it's just too short lived for me to really call it successful.
Mruniversalpie
Mruniversalpie
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:30 am

That was a convincing answer. The CNT in Catalonia survived for 3 years before it was overtaken by more authoritarian communists and then Fascists.

The Kibbutz have implemented parts of communism like communal ownership of children for 50+ years.

Rojava held its first elections 3 years ago and is going strong but we have to remember that they are being funded and armed by the U.S.A. and other outside powers.

How would law be administered? If a man dies or a women/child raped would anybody investigate it? If the investigator finds a suspect then does the council have the power to arrest the suspect(s) and question them? Quarantine them?
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mruniversalpie Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Under an anarchist system law would be established through a direct vote to ratify or veto a proposed law with the majority vote winning. Law would be similar to how it is today except with a direct vote instead of going through representatives. This would be on a much smaller scale as well.
As to policing, instead of the police system as we have today community policing would be used, similar to neighborhood watches. Prisons are a bit of an issue in an anarchist system though. In Catalonia for example labor camps were used to detain fascists and criminals, many anarchists today condemn this though and would likely prefer a reform system to bring criminals back into society safely. In cases where reform isn't possible such as extream cases of rape, murder, etc exile is the likely path to take.
Mruniversalpie
Mruniversalpie
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:20 pm

That is appealing but exile is only a concept to those who have borders. Unless I am mistaken, anarchists oppose borders because borders are used to
1. pit proletarians against themselves
2. justify large standing armies in peacetime whose only real purpose is to suppress the workers.
3. Disrupt international co-operation between the workers.

I don't agree with these points but I don't understand how you can have a concept of exile and oppose borders.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mruniversalpie Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:26 pm

That's a good point, I think you're right on that. I'd assume if exile was to be used though it'd be in a similar form to that of choosing to not participate in communal activities and thus being forced to leave the commune as participation in an anatchist system is voluntary.
Mruniversalpie
Mruniversalpie
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Churchill Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:34 am

I took the 8values test, here's what I got:

Social: 66.5%
Peaceful: 63.8%
Liberal: 62.3%
Very progressive: 75.5%

Ideology: Social Liberalism

So I'm like AltHistNerd13, but a little more moderate, I guess.
Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill
Centurion

https://www.winstonchurchill.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3