TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nationalism vs. Globalism

+16
Arden_Foxx
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
_Dewey
Winston Churchill
BigMacArthur
Malotun
Big_Appa
Nishanth128
Carl Hamilton
EmperorTigerstar
DavidlVofGeorgia
Joey_Shag
AltHistNerd13
Thrawn
Cold War Communist
Lord Yavimaya
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nationalism v Globalism

Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]
Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 43

Nationalism vs. Globalism  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nationalism vs. Globalism

Post by _Dewey Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:37 am

In the middle, i support things like the UN, NATO, immigration, etc. but i'm more in favour of protectionism than free trade. I don't see an inherent downside to a one world government. If it was one based of of the same values like democracy and freedom I wouldn't really care if it was one government. Lean towards globalism.
_Dewey
_Dewey
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Yavimaya Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:31 am

Holy shit... I expected that a history forum would be more nationalistic... but 27% of the votes claiming that they Strongly Support it? I thought people would be more mild.
I haven't read through the discussion here yet but based on the length of the posts being made it looks pretty good. Might go through it later to see the arguments.
Lord Yavimaya
Lord Yavimaya
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Malotun Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:57 am

I'm a very nationalistic, meaning that I want to protect and preserve the culture present in my land, not from being influenced by others, I mean every culture in the world has external influences, that's how a culture evolve and survive... so I want to protect it from being, I don't know attacked maybe by an external threat. Ok, now;

+what about the minor ethnicities of indigenous people in the country? you may ask,
 -well, they HAVE to be protected by all means from being exterminated violently, they obviously have the right to live like any other
  but if they are "absorbed" by the main culture(Syncretization), it's ok, I mean it's sad when a culture is completely lost but it's impossible or very hard and impractical to keep it existing forever.

+What about the immigrants?
 -COME HERE! unless you are very poor, we can't help you, I'm very sorry. BUT IF YOU ARE A CRIMINAL, THEN GET OUT OF HERE

+And what about your different culture?
-Don't worry, if you come here is because you want to be [insert nationality here], you are welcome, you will learn our way to do the things and maybe we will learn something from you. Yep, I don't really like to see nationalized people being nationalistic with their "old" country, that's stupid.

+What if I'm black?
 -I don't care about that dude, chill.

And talking about immigration I think that the country need to have a control in the amount of immigrants that receive, you can't just accept everyone, every single day.

i point out all this things about culture and race, because well, there is a common misconception going out there, really annoying.
Malotun
Malotun
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:52 pm

In Nationalism, countries will help each other but only if they want to.

i.e. only if they have a self-interest in doing so. That seems a lot more free than globalism.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dittatore_Signore_Massimo Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm

I support nationalism, i don't belive that we should start wars or something like that, but i belive the goverment should care more about it's citizens and it should preserve it's culture and traditions. However, this does not mean that trade and quality of life should be less, i just mean that i would pay taxes directed to a poor province of my country, but not for another country, since that countrie's goverment should take care.
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Arden_Foxx Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:33 am

Nationalism can be very scary and dangerous when left in the hands of the wrong people at the wrong time (Nazi Germany? Rwandan Genocide? Khmer Rouge? ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, The KKK? Mao's Cultural Revolution? The list goes on and on...). Don't get me wrong, I love the USA, but I don't want to go around shoving FREEDOM and cheeseburgers down some poor foreigner's throat. Which brings me to Globalism/Globalization. With Americanization and the embracement of democracy occurring worldwide, I feel like we are getting closer to a worldwide government. A worldwide government that I hope could cooperate across the diverse cultures of this planet. I only voted on Leaning toward Globalism because its not all happy fun times (Like Malaysian toddlers making Happy Meal toys). And there is DEFINITELY still a lot of work to be done
Arden_Foxx
Arden_Foxx
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by CamiloVargas99 Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm

"Globalism" is the ideal, and I do strongly believe that eventually states should be more and more open towards each other, and I'm totally against protectionism. With that said though, nationalism is the most logical choice in our reality, because resources and limited and we are deeply enrooted to our culture, which makes it easier to work and live with our own and not with another type of social norms.
CamiloVargas99
CamiloVargas99
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartographation Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35 pm

I've got to throw in my hat on the globalist side (understanding that nationalism CAN be beneficial and complete globalism is harmful) because I believe that humanity does one day need a global government that is capable of instituting the general will of Earth's people and globalism is the quickest way to reach this end. Not only that but technology has always seemed to improve people's lives from a historical perspective (as a general rule obviously it also allows for circumstances like global annihilation) and that the best way to safely continue technological progress is to have an overarching government with regional governments underneath.
Cartographation
Cartographation
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:00 am

Economically i support globalism, politically i support nationalism.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DuceMoosolini Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm gonna throw in softly on the "nationalism" side simply because I believe the role of every government is to serve and protect its own people first. A government which disregards the well-being of its own citizens to go gallivanting off to save the world is a government which has failed.

But trade protectionism is economically stupid (hey there, Brazil and Venezuela!), and it's irresponsible to completely disregard other nations. America First shouldn't mean breaking our alliances, and America First shouldn't mean ignoring rising threats like Russia and Iran.
DuceMoosolini
DuceMoosolini
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2