TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set up a playlist detailing the background of a historical character

2 posters

Go down

Set up a playlist detailing the background of a historical character Empty Set up a playlist detailing the background of a historical character

Post by ScarletHistorian Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:11 am

Basically, this is a playlist that has each song represent a certain portion in someone's life. Here's my playlist/example playlist for the Indian Soldier; Mangal Pandey...

Early Life: Daler Mehndi - Tunak Tunak Tun (This sounds silly, but it's a native Indian song, and I think it reflects his upbringing in a Brahman family and his homeland)

Army Career: Linkin Park - Numb (Reflects Mangal Pandey's resentment towards his British Officers following the "Cow and Pig Fat greased ammo" rumor, leading up, to the March 29th, 1857 incident, where incites the Sepoy Mutiny by leading his fellow sepoys against the previously mentioned British officers.)

The Mutiny: Hoobastank - The Reason (Reflects the motive behind Mangal Pandey's mutiny as his execution approaches, knowing that he started it for his fellow sepoy comrades.)

This is my first time doing this, so don't judge.
ScarletHistorian
ScarletHistorian
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Set up a playlist detailing the background of a historical character Empty Re: Set up a playlist detailing the background of a historical character

Post by DukeOfTea Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:18 am

I guess I'll try it for the Irish Hero James Connolly

Early Life: Working Class Hero - John Lennon (Connolly was raised in extreme poverty in Cowgate Edinburgh, and joined the British Army when he was only 14)

Union Work: Come Together - The Beatles (He was a Syndicalist, and so supported the unification of the workforce against the bosses. Also if you haven't noticed I'm a huge Beatles fan)

1916: Have You Ever Seen The Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival (The rain refering to the british shelling of Dublin from the Gunship in the Quay)

Death: The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan (Before the 16 Rising, most Irish were not nationalists, but just supported home rule. The executions of the leaders made them martyrs, and swayed the Irish general consensus about the British, causing the independence war)

I purposefully decided not to use any Irish Rebel songs by bands like the Wolfe Tones, as that would have made it way too easy, as there's several songs about James Connolly himself.
DukeOfTea
DukeOfTea
Cornicen

Back to top Go down