TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immigration Debate

+5
DuceMoosolini
Cold War Communist
Big_Appa
EmperorRanceTheDragonHear
CptCrape
9 posters

Go down

Immigration Debate Empty Immigration Debate

Post by CptCrape Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Well, go ahead.
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Immigration Debate Empty Re: Immigration Debate

Post by EmperorRanceTheDragonHear Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:10 am

I'm agent illegal immigrants and fine witg immigrant who have high school education and have been well vetted.

EmperorRanceTheDragonHear
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Appa Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:16 am

Love immigration. Illegal immigrants should be deported if guilty of crimes. If not, there should be a path to citizenship, especially if they have a family here.
Big_Appa
Big_Appa
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Cold War Communist Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 am

Since the problem has been allowed to go on without any solution, I would say we are at a point now where illegal immigrants have to have a way to become citizens. There just isn't a good way to deport them all without causing gross damage to persons, families, and the economy. That may not be the popular opinion, but it is the reality we live in.

Going forward, I would like much more stringent border and immigration controls, but with a very simple legal path to citizenship. My native country, the U.S., is a desired location by immigrants for many reasons, and in a lot of ways these immigrants can make a large benefitical contribution with access to the wealth, resources, and information we already have. It's a win-win to make it easier to get in and naturalize.

However, to continue to leave the illegal immigration situation unattended, to brand anyone who thinks it is a problem some type of racist, or to continue to support illegal immigrants over naturalized citizens (think: DREAM act and college funding) is a slap in the face and a way of spitting on legal citizens and people who fought to enter legally. I myself am the third generation descended from immigrants (my grandparents were the first born in the states), so I sympathize and empathize with all parties on the issue.
Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DuceMoosolini Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Cold War Communist wrote:Since the problem has been allowed to go on without any solution, I would say we are at a point now where illegal immigrants have to have a way to become citizens. There just isn't a good way to deport them all without causing gross damage to persons, families, and the economy. That may not be the popular opinion, but it is the reality we live in.

Going forward, I would like much more stringent border and immigration controls, but with a very simple legal path to citizenship. My native country, the U.S., is a desired location by immigrants for many reasons, and in a lot of ways these immigrants can make a large benefitical contribution with access to the wealth, resources, and information we already have. It's a win-win to make it easier to get in and naturalize.

However, to continue to leave the illegal immigration situation unattended, to brand anyone who thinks it is a problem some type of racist, or to continue to support illegal immigrants over naturalized citizens (think: DREAM act and college funding) is a slap in the face and a way of spitting on legal citizens and people who fought to enter legally. I myself am the third generation descended from immigrants (my grandparents were the first born in the states), so I sympathize and empathize with all parties on the issue.

I was going to type a response, but there isn't very much I can add to the discussion that isn't right here. I'd just like to say that my maternal great-grandparents came to this great country from China, and I am always glad they did.
DuceMoosolini
DuceMoosolini
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Boris Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Only if its literal space aliens, we have too many humans here already, they're all over the dang place, its an infestation!

Okay but for actuals (But some extraterrestrials would be cool.) , I'm in the same camp as CWC and Il Duce. Deal with the current situation as carefully and efficiently as possible, but fix things in the future to prevent problems like we got going on now.

Keep in mind I'm talking about the US here, different countries are gonna need different regulations depending on their specific circumstances. I don't know what kind of immigration rules Brazil or Germany or even my home country needs (this is what happens when I pay more attention to US politics than Canadian.)
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Adolf Francolini Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:16 pm

The problem with immigration is that it will inevitably result in globalization and a destruction of national cultures and ethnic groups. In my view, those who are stringent on immigration but don't account for factors like ethnicity or culture (i.e. 'civic nationalists') are almost identical to globalists, in that they support the idea of independent nations but only for the sake of their institutions, and not their peoples and values and cultures. In my view, this is a hollow system; I believe a nation ideally grows from its people.

If anyone is allowed to immigrate from everywhere if they pass whatever requirements are made, regardless of how stringent they are, eventually this leads to multiculturalism, which then will decline into monoculturalism as cultures mix or replace each other. Diversity is only realistically possible on an international scale, not an intra-national one.

Therefore, I think that immigration should be permitted from places that are similar ethnically, culturally, and linguistically similar, but overall it is unnecessary, and no one has a 'right' to enter another country. There should be independent nations- Kurdistan for the Kurds, Japan for the Japanese, Britain for the British, etc., and countries should impose border controls to maintain their homogeneity.
Adolf Francolini
Adolf Francolini
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Malotun Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Illegals out... but in general I support the controlled immigration, let in the people who is not criminal, the people who can contribute and help in some way in your country, and most important... don't import poorness.

What about the people who has different(Completely different) culture and race? well, let them in, but with control, I mean, don't replace your freaking population with new and completely different people, if you do so, it will lead to a catastrophic cultural, racial an social disaster just like in some places of the middle east or Africa.

Long story short, immigration allowed but with control, meaning that you should set a percentage of immigrants  than can live in the country... i would say 3 percent and enough, and obviously those immigrants have to be decent(not criminals nor extremely poor people)

And well, also say that migration and therefore immigration is in the human DNA, since the beginning we are migrating to different zones of the earth, mixing our cultures, e.g the indo-Europeans with the pre-Indoeuropeans, or the Europeans with Native Americans, so it's natural and I don't think that the complete Isolation of cultures would work, cultures survive and evolve thanks to the immigration, obviously, as I said before with control, if it's not with control, we can call that a silent genocide.

EDIT: A country have to prevent the illegal immigration, but for those illegals that have been living in the country for a long time without committing a crime, the state or government should consider to give them residency. But again, the government HAVE TO PREVENT the illegal immigration.
Malotun
Malotun
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Jong-un Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:06 pm

I agree that people shouldn't be migrating anywhere illegally. But it happens, and deporting massive numbers of people, severing vital public services to illegal immigrants, and depriving them of human rights is not the way to deal with the issue. Also, the fear that immigrants are taking American jobs and hurting the American economy is pure BS.
Kim Jong-un
Kim Jong-un
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down