TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What languages can you speak?

+4
Crazy Boris
Winston Churchill
Big_Appa
Mr Trolldemort
8 posters

Go down

What languages can you speak? Empty What languages can you speak?

Post by Mr Trolldemort Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 pm

I can speak several, in varying degrees. I'll go from best to worst

1. English. It's my mother tongue and I use it all the time, online and IR.

2. French. The only other language I am fluent (for the most part). Gotta use it often since I live in Quebec. Very obvious English accent that gets worse as time goes by

3. German. I learnt it last year, and I can do some basic conversations with people. Forgot a lot of it, since I don't speak it in my daily life

4. Greek. I am of Greek descent, so I learned Greek when I was younger. Very bad at it now, but I can read the Greek alphabet and pronounce the words, but I don't know what 85% of the words mean

5. Japanese. A few words here and there, mostly from anime (sad, I know). I only know the words when written in Romaji though. I can't read any other Japanese script. Tried learning it myself a few years ago and failed miserably

6. Spanish. I know several easy words like Hola for hello and stuff like that, but never bothered learning it. It would probably be easy since I know French

7. Every other language I might know like 1 or 2 words, but definitely don't have any knowledge of them
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What languages can you speak? Empty Re: What languages can you speak?

Post by Big_Appa Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Best to worst:

1. English: Completely fluent.
2. Pig Latin (lol): Fluent but will pause to make sure pronunciation is correct.
3. Tagalog (Taglish): Capable of making cohesive sentences and maintaining a basic conversation so long as it's Taglish.
4. Mandarin: Can use very basic grammar and say very low-level things in specific situations (ordering food, planning to go see a movie with friends, etc).
5. Spanish: Understands a few things (barely).
Big_Appa
Big_Appa
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Winston Churchill Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 am

1. English: Fluent.
2. Ukrainian: Almost fluent, I pause often to think of the right word. I can read and write the Cyrillic alphabet.
3. Polish: I can say simple sentences, and I understand ~90% of what someone is saying in most conversations.
4. Spanish: I know a few basics.

I know a few words of other languages, mostly French and Latin.
Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill
Centurion

https://www.winstonchurchill.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Boris Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 am

Fluent: English

Basic skills: Deutsche, 日本語

A little: Українська, العَرَبِيَّة, Gaeilge, Français, Español, Esperanto, Тыва Дыл, ‘Ōlelo Hawaii‘i

CHEEKI BREEKI I V DAMKE: Русский, Suomen

Random words: Polski, tlhIngan Hol
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Malotun Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Pretty fluent in Spanish since it's my native language

According to a test that I made it says that I'm at B1 level in English... so I'm decent but not a 100% fluent, I have a lot too learn and improve, but at least I can talk with people without struggling in the process.(I might make mistakes, but that's the point, learn with those errors)

I'm learning Russian right now, but I'm just starting with it and to be honest, Russian is WAY easier than German in my opinion.

So yeah... maybe I'm just bilingual(barely), and that's A LOT in my country where the only Bilinguals are the native people or the immigrants.
Malotun
Malotun
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 pm

English is my primary language and I can almost speak that, I can also speak a little German and a little Spanish, I know some words from countries all around the world but not enough to say I speak it.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by NorwegianBerserker Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:23 pm

I love learning new languages, and are already (18 year old) fluent in 5 (seven with Danish and Swedish). Best to Worst:

1. Norwegian (Swedish/Danish), primary Language. Makes me understand Danish and Swedish almost completely and I can speak them with a Norwegian dialect.

2. French. I have always loved French history and the country in general, which made me learn it by myself at the age of ten. The first foreign language I really learned. I undertand everything and have a fluent pronounciation.

3. English. The reason I have English in third and not second is the pronounciation. Because strangely enough, I speak better French than English, eventhough im from the Germanic language group. I sometimes get this awfull Norwegian accent.

4. German. Very similar to Norwegian with many common(ish) words and pronounciations. But German wasn't easy for me to learn. Because the grammar is very advanced.

5. Spanish. Fun and easy language to learn. Probably the easiest. But still I haven't used it much and miss that perfect pronounciation.
NorwegianBerserker
NorwegianBerserker
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm

1. English - native language / fluent
2. Spanish - Took 6 years of it in school, have forgotten some of it but can do basic conversation.

Then I can say "hello / good bye / thank you" in like 10 other languages but that's it.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum