TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Calchaqui wars

3 posters

Go down

The Calchaqui wars Empty The Calchaqui wars

Post by Dittatore_Signore_Massimo Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm

In the mid XVI century, Pizarro managed to destroy the Incan empire, howerver, he indirectly gave independence to many groups dominated by the incans, one of those groups was the Calchaqui confederation. The Calchaqui confederation were many tribes that got together in order to defend theirselves from threats(you can actually play as Calchaqui in EU4). they all belonged to the Diaguita Ethnicity and they all had the Cacán as their native tounge (a lot of them spoke quechua too).

The Calchaqui wars Simbol10

The Calchaqui wars Diagui10

In 1560, Spain seeked to expand its frontiers in that land, so they started a brutal war against the Calchaqui confederation that literally lasted 107 years (1560-1667). In these wars (three in total) there were many battles and uprisings, however the war ended in a Spanish victory, but they lost many men.
A lot of indians who did not wish to be enslaved just commited suicide by jumping from mountains and the ones that desired to stay alive suffered brutal torture by the spanish inquisition. The tribe that suffered the most was the Kilmes tribe, they were the ones who fought the hardest, so they were forced to march from their homeland.

The Calchaqui wars Camino10
This picture shows the path that the Kilmes were forced to follow by the spanish

When the Kilmes reached their destination, they were brutally tortured by the spanish inquisition and lived in terrible conditions, also, the people who marched were 30.000, however, only 400 reached.
The last Calchaqui died in 1813, ending the diaguita ethnicity for ever.

I just wanted to share some of my countrie's history with you, thanks for reading. Very Happy

Also, i would love if you told me what's your opinion about this war and if spain should apologize for this genocide.
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
Optio

Back to top Go down

The Calchaqui wars Empty Re: The Calchaqui wars

Post by Cold War Communist Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 pm

It certainly sounds like the Spanish should offer an apology, but their track record suggests that will not happen anytime soon. It reminds me of the Trail of Tears in the United States.
Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dittatore_Signore_Massimo Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Cold War Communist wrote:It certainly sounds like the Spanish should offer an apology, but their track record suggests that will not happen anytime soon. It reminds me of the Trail of Tears in the United States.

True, sadly there is no fully diaguita to apologize to, since the genocide was extremely effective. The only ones who spain could apologize to are the descendants of this people, who are into serious drug addiction/alchoholic problems.
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Malotun Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:36 am

Interesting, I didn't know that Diaguitas fought for their freedom, here in Chile they were assimilated by the Chileans and/or they mostly died due to the encomiendas, they basically died being slaves.
It's sad what happened with almost every native tribe here in The Americas, they were tortured, humiliated, and more importantly exterminated haha(not funny).

Their fight for freedom was like the fight of the Mapuches, but way more sad and unfortunate.

Unimportant PS:
Malotun
Malotun
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Dittatore_Signore_Massimo Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Malotun wrote:Interesting, I didn't know that Diaguitas fought for their freedom, here in Chile they were assimilated by the Chileans and/or they mostly died due to the encomiendas, they basically died being slaves.
It's sad what happened with almost every native tribe here in The Americas, they were tortured, humiliated, and more importantly exterminated haha(not funny).

Their fight for freedom was like the fight of the Mapuches, but way more sad and unfortunate.

Unimportant PS:

Yes, but paradox does not give a fuck because they are not a really important nation.
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down