TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yugonostalgia

2 posters

Go down

Yugonostalgia Empty Yugonostalgia

Post by yungSiadBarre Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Recently (despite not being a communist myself) I've come down with a case of yugonostalgia.. if anyone has cool stories about daily life in Tito's Yugoslavia or opinions about the viability of the Titoist model, I'd love to hear 'em!

yungSiadBarre
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Yugonostalgia Empty Re: Yugonostalgia

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Ok...

Have you seen a Yugo?

Well Slovenia, Croatia, and Montenegro are in NATO. And Slovenia and Croatia are in the EU.

So if Yugoslavia was to be reunited then the whole country would have to be part of NATO or the EU. Serbians would not stand for this.

Leave NATO you say? Nope. The soonest Montenegro can leave NATO is in 2037.

Leave the EU you say? Well we will see how Britain fairs but I don't think any country can feasibly leave that dumpster fire.

Currently, no non-Serbians actually support your proposal. If Yugoslavia reunited today, it would be by force. Such an operation would invoke Article 5 of NATO and Yugoslavia would lose that war in a heartbeat.

I think that a united Yugoslavia would have a better bargaining position in Europe and would be get better trade deals, ect. and would raise the quality of life of non-Muslims but it is completely impossible.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum