TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if history was just homework?

4 posters

Go down

What if history was just homework? Empty What if history was just homework?

Post by B12ad Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:41 pm

What if some kid was doing his homework and randomly came across these forums and would make a thread topic asking the question for the answer to his history homework?
B12ad
B12ad
Pedes

Back to top Go down

What if history was just homework? Empty Re: What if history was just homework?

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:27 pm

He would probably get an accurate and informed answer but would be given an F.

For example, once I was asked when ww2 started. 1937, of course, because it was the Japanese invasion of China. I got it wrong.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by B12ad Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:07 am

DavidlVofGeorgia wrote:He would probably get an accurate and informed answer but would be given an F.

For example, once I was asked when ww2 started. 1937, of course, because it was the Japanese invasion of China. I got it wrong.

Yeah technically speaking the war hadn't turned into a world war yet, it was quite possibly a multi-regional war for different reasons, but then alliances and synchronization made it a world war at the point that it was realized everything was at stake. Total war became the outcome of World War II, when natsoc Germany invaded Poland, there were enough conflicts in different places with alliances between aggressor nations to declare it a World War.
B12ad
B12ad
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIVofBritannia Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:52 am

DavidlVofGeorgia wrote:He would probably get an accurate and informed answer but would be given an F.

Lol no its 1939, the Japanese Invasion of China was a different war that just so happened to continue into the same time WW2 started.
GeorgeIVofBritannia
GeorgeIVofBritannia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:16 pm

The second sino-japanese war was more bloody than the european conflict. That makes it more important.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Yavimaya Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:06 pm

DavidlVofGeorgia wrote:The second sino-japanese war was more bloody than the european conflict. That makes it more important.
I disagree. The longterm effects of China and Japan going to war was the East being split between democracy and communism. The longterm effects of Britain and Germany going to war was Europe being split between democracy and communism, the iron curtain, the acceptance of democracy as the ideology of the west, the destruction of Fascism, the end of the colonial empires, and the entire Cold War.
Lord Yavimaya
Lord Yavimaya
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down