TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBO Confederate Show

5 posters

Go down

HBO Confederate Show Empty HBO Confederate Show

Post by RV813 Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:52 am

HBO announced that they were making a show where the CSA won the American Civil War and slavery is still a thing. This has caused some backlash from people on social media. Personally I am against the backlash as I think the show seems very interesting and its just a work of alternate history.
Here's an article about it: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-3-hbo-confederate-backlash-twitter-campaign-noconfederate-a7868396.html
RV813
RV813
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

HBO Confederate Show Empty Re: HBO Confederate Show

Post by Crazy Boris Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:35 am

Honestly, what do you expect. Mention anything having to do with the CSA and people will lose their damn minds and screech like injured pterodactyls until it goes away. Look at stuff like the flag controversy, and it's really not surprising that the self-appointed morality police of all time and space are losing their minds over a mere work of fiction.

Humans can be very, very stupid sometimes. Makes me wish they actually were pterodactyls. Because I imagine most pterodactyls would at least have the sense to understand things like context and differentiate fact from fiction, skills that seem to be increasingly disappearing in the human populace.
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cold War Communist Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:57 am

Backlash on social media is like mining gold in runescape to pay bills in real life. Completely pointless, an act of futility. It should be ignored.

With that said, America has a history, whether proud or shameful they own it. There is a dangerous precedent in trying to forget or strike out at the negatives.
Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Jong-un Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:56 pm

That's like getting angry at Philip K. Dick for writing The Man in the High Castle. It's ridiculous.
Kim Jong-un
Kim Jong-un
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by DuceMoosolini Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:27 pm

I don't see anything offensive here. It's not like HBO is gonna portray slavery as being awesome.

It's pretty stupid when people get offended by stuff like this. Showing the evils of racism isn't itself racist. It's definitely more beneficial than the waves of butthurt Twitter comments.

(That being said, I'm not sold on the realism of slavery making it into the 21st Century. I'm pretty sure economic pressures would have killed it by the beginning of the 20th, if not sooner.)
DuceMoosolini
DuceMoosolini
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum