TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New countries in Europe - Who's next?

+23
CanadianWashington
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
EmperorTigerstar
ceaserkhan22
Hatshepsut
Malotun
Cold War Communist
Lord Yavimaya
Joey_Shag
TrueCommunistDoggo
BigMacArthur
BasqueHistorian
Onward Painter X
Mr Trolldemort
CptCrape
EmperorLeonardo
Skanderbeg
Zek64
Aaronklk
ItsAGiraffe
astroleaf
Brusilov
Arden_Foxx
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New countries in Europe - Who's next? - Page 3 Empty Re: New countries in Europe - Who's next?

Post by Mr Trolldemort Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:57 pm

CptCrape wrote:
Federico the Great wrote:In Spain, the most recent poll taken out in Catalonia showed that less than 20% of the population support it now, and it is the strongest of the separatist movementsin the country, so yes. I´d say that the most likely to happen separatist movement will be the Scottish one, as the Brexit was a real boost to Scottish national identity, and it is still going on.
Where is the report that says this?

Last time I checked (granted, it was a few weeks ago) it was very close, with the yes vote slightly above the no vote. I think that the October 1st referendum is going to be extremely close, and honestly I have no idea which side is gonna win, but I would not be surprised if either result occurs.
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

New countries in Europe - Who's next? - Page 3 Empty Re: New countries in Europe - Who's next?

Post by ceaserkhan22 Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:02 am

The real question is when is Canada gonna man up and become a real country by asserting it's full independence from the British Crown?
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Yavimaya Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 am

ceaserkhan22 wrote:The real question is when is Canada gonna man up and become a real country by asserting it's full independence from the British Crown?
I don't think that would be manning up, I just think that would be stupid! Why start conflict where none is necessary!
Lord Yavimaya
Lord Yavimaya
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Trolldemort Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:41 pm

ceaserkhan22 wrote:The real question is when is Canada gonna man up and become a real country by asserting it's full independence from the British Crown?

Technically, what Canada has right now is we allow some random British lady (Elizabeth II) be our ceremonial head of state as long as we like her

British lady =/= the UK itself

The Queen is also considered to not be the British Crown but rather the Queen of individual commonwealth countries after specific agreements were made. Most countries nowadays are easily able to get rid of it if they so desire. It just so happens that our current head of State is from the UK, but Canada could actually change their head of state to a random Canadian person and call them King or Queen if they wanted. Canada has technically gained full independence and power since 1982 when the UK government can no longer change the Canadian constitution (except Quebec never signed it because reasons), so now it has complete control in everything, which by that definition makes it a full fledged country.
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by NearWolf58 Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:47 pm

I know their is a strong Barcelonian independence movement
NearWolf58
NearWolf58
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:49 am

Mr Trolldemort wrote:

Technically, what Canada has right now is we allow some random British lady (Elizabeth II) be our ceremonial head of state as long as we like her

British lady =/= the UK itself

The Queen is also considered to not be the British Crown but rather the Queen of individual commonwealth countries after specific agreements were made.  Most countries nowadays are easily able to get rid of it if they so desire.  It just so happens that our current head of State is from the UK, but Canada could actually change their head of state to a random Canadian person and call them King or Queen if they wanted.  Canada has technically gained full independence and power since 1982 when the UK government can no longer change the Canadian constitution (except Quebec never signed it because reasons), so now it has complete control in everything, which by that definition makes it a full fledged country.  

I would think the Canadians would at least want to stop paying Millions of tax dollars every year to the Crown.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnythewizard Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:22 pm

I don't imagine Scotland going anywhere, but given how the EU is hurting its members I could see Spain fragmenting.

It would start with Catalonia, then probably Aragon, Galicia, and Andalusia, which would probably result in Spain calling themselves "Castile"
Johnnythewizard
Johnnythewizard
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3