TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red World Scenario

+5
Gnat_Bacon
EmperorTigerstar
TotallynotHitler1939
Last_surprise_commieV3
Captain Magma
9 posters

Go down

Red World Scenario Empty Red World Scenario

Post by Captain Magma Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:30 pm

So this thread is based on a scenario I have seen in a Hearts of Iron IV mod under the same title.
What if the Soviet Union won the Cold War and America had collapsed?

The mod I played theorizes that most of Europe and the world becomes communist with a few capitalist nations here and there (similar to how our timeline is the reverse).
They even predict that a communist Germany in this timeline could outcompete the Soviet Union economically.

What do you guys think could happen in a Red World?
Captain Magma
Captain Magma
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Red World Scenario Empty Re: Red World Scenario

Post by Last_surprise_commieV3 Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:06 pm

I want to come up with a scenario but I cant think up anything.I well make post if I have a idea for a scenario
Last_surprise_commieV3
Last_surprise_commieV3
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by TotallynotHitler1939 Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:04 pm

First off I believe a division of the Americas would happen similar to that of the Collapse of the Soviet Unions territories. Obviously there would be an American Gov't remnant possibly a nationalist government but Canada, and Most NATO Gov't would be communist or in collapse.

TotallynotHitler1939
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:20 pm

The diverging point to cause America to lose the Cold War would have to be pretty early on, like back in the 1950s or something.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnat_Bacon Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:46 pm

I think that the Soviet union would make most nations in ex NATO countries communist puppets like you stated, but with certain, quicker filling governments getting pieces of land from greater, more important threats, mainly france & Britain. The Italians would fall pretty quickly dye to Yugoslav and Albanian proximity, with east lands up to Venice being handed to Yugoslavs in exchange for also joining the Warsaw pact. Now commies have a border with france. The francoist Spanish would have a coup, maybe even another civil war that ends in commie victory. Portugal would surrender in fear and have another communist puppet state, like italy. They would attack france in a joint war with USSR support, and the Brits/ US helping france. But the French would fall, have communist reforms, and cede Savoy and Basque to italy and Spain respectively to weaken them. They would still be quite democratic, like current day China, but hints of communism added. The British would end up being forced to surrender. They would cede North Ireland to the republic of Ireland to weaken them despite Ireland being democrats. Korea was united under the Kim regime, Indochina will be fully invaded and allowed independence as one country under the North Vietnamese government. The Philippines rebel, the Japanese make similar changes to france,and the US is backed into a corner with Canada. They surrender, and will end up Stalinist like the USSR, or be dissolved and end up similar to the disunited states of America. The asian countries in british raj would gain independence, afghan would fall, and siam would also make some reforms. This is unlikely of course, and many of these events could fail, I just stepped into commie-biased shoes to guarantee that the USSR won and give more vividness of the scenario.

Gnat_Bacon
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:06 am

EmperorTigerstar wrote:The diverging point to cause America to lose the Cold War would have to be pretty early on, like back in the 1950s or something.

Yeah, the divergence happens in the early 1950s. Basically, for whatever reason, the Korean War goes extremely badly for the UN forces. They are eventually pushed back to Busan a second time and eventually overrun. Korea becomes one nation under communism. Then, in 1955, the Vietnam War (as we know it) begins when the US desperately attempts to prevent another nation falling into communism. However, the US faired even worse than in our timeline. This was mostly due to extremely low public support from the get-go (because of Korea), a failing economy, and few resources. The US lost and riots broke out against the 'weak government' of the US.

The US fell into a second economic depression, and though Nixon tried to prevent it, he was eventually assassinated before his programs could do any good. Later, when Reagan came into office, he too tried to fight the depression using programs similar to Roosevelt's, but to no avail. The people of the United States were no longer united, due to the government's failures and their national pride being destroyed. The United States eventually collapsed on June 29th, 1987.

If anyone is wondering where I got this information, it's from the official Steam page of the mod. Just go to one of the pinned forums titled "The Red World Storyline (what we know so far)".
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Brusilov Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:06 am

Well communism would prosper since Capitalism isn't a threat to it's existance.
I don't know for sure what could happen, except for maybe innovation skyrocketing due to a near to no need of a military.
Most governments would spend their money on science and innovation rather tahn military expenses.
Brusilov
Brusilov
Centurion

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MemeExamination/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius_Peverell Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Brusilov wrote:Most governments would spend their money on science and innovation rather tahn military expenses.

Or, on the flipside, the lack of a military rivalry between two superpowers could have resulted in much lower research investment.
Mobius_Peverell
Mobius_Peverell
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidlVofGeorgia Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 pm

The cold war would have continued but between China and Russia. In our timeline they were brought to the brink of war in 1969 but were able to calm down due to a common hatred of America.

Without this hatred the seven month Sino-Soviet border conflict of 1969 would escalate into a full scale war. China had been a nuclear power for 5 years and a nuclear exchange would have ended civilized life.
DavidlVofGeorgia
DavidlVofGeorgia
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down