TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest African Empire/Kingdom?

+20
NearWolf58
fischyk
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
JHG
MultiMocking
Lord Yavimaya
Hatshepsut
Commie_China_Champ
Cold War Communist
Octagon History
EmperorTigerstar
Malotun
BasqueHistorian
SvennyBoi
TrueCommunistDoggo
Ariestat 1666
Crazy Boris
Zedphyr
Jake Mapper
I Like The Holocaust
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Great African Empire/Kingdom

Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap36%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 22 ]
Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 15 ]
Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 61

Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest African Empire/Kingdom?

Post by NearWolf58 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:28 pm

I have to go Mali because of the power and wealth. Honorable mention to the Zulu Empire for their fight against the British and Ethiopia for resisting colonization.
NearWolf58
NearWolf58
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Greatest African Empire/Kingdom? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest African Empire/Kingdom?

Post by GodDictatorLapland Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:02 am

Missing the best empire of all time "Central African Empire" Hail Bokassa I
GodDictatorLapland
GodDictatorLapland
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by eggcrate09 Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:14 am

Egypt hands down. No option for Egypt? Okay then, Ehtiopia. . . You played my hand

eggcrate09
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Trolldemort Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:01 pm

I think the greatest kingdom without a doubt would be Egypt or Ethiopia. However, I lean more towards Ethiopia because Egypt was dominant from the 3rd century B.C to it's invasion by the Assyrian empire and was constantly occupied by foreign governments, although Egypt was certainly still powerful under the Mamluks and Ottomans. Ethiopia, by contrast, had a kingdom of Ethiopia descent since the beginning and held off many invasion up to the 19th century against the Italians, one of the only native African empires to successfully do.
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorfinn Karlsefni Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:11 pm

What's the difference between Ethiopia and Aksum? (Maybe I should just Wikipedia it, but seems more fun to ask you guys.)
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by fischyk Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 pm

The Aksum Empire was based around a different ethnic group in a different city, now known a Axum. Axum is in the Tigray ethno-region of Ethiopia.
fischyk
fischyk
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2