TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's going to happen eventually, so I'll just say it now... Zombies.

2 posters

Go down

It's going to happen eventually, so I'll just say it now... Zombies. Empty It's going to happen eventually, so I'll just say it now... Zombies.

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:08 am

Yes, I know. The scenario has been so overused it isn't even interesting anymore. There isn't anything we could possibly come up with that hasn't already been done.

But, that's where you're wrong. Zombies HASN'T been used to it's fullest potential yet. Here's my point of view:

Zombie scenarios almost always happen in the modern day. Any other zombie scenarios happen in WWII. But, what if a zombie outbreak happened in the medieval ages? Say, the Black Death somehow evolved into a zombie virus. Hordes on Mongolian zombies descend upon feudal Europe. The Church goes insane. People all over Europe convert castles into killing grounds where they shoot the zombies with archers or drop rocks down upon the hordes! England unites and becomes a semi-North Korean state, blocking anyone and anything from leaving or entering. Plague doctors desperately search for a way to prevent it. And that's only Europe!

Imagine how the rest of the world would react to a medieval zombie outbreak... Yes, I know it was dramatized and maybe not the most historically plausible, but it's still fun to theorize.

Also it doesn't have to only be medieval. It can be ancient or even as far up to World War I. Though probably the most interesting time for me personally would be in the 1750s, because of the technology level.

What do you think would happen in any of these scenarios? Or make up your own scenario! I will milk the zombie genre dry! Twisted Evil

JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

It's going to happen eventually, so I'll just say it now... Zombies. Empty Re: It's going to happen eventually, so I'll just say it now... Zombies.

Post by Loopdelooper Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:09 am

Well I know that there is a way zombies could exists in real life. Zombies are actually pretty familiar with rabies. So if zombies will happen rabies have to mutate. But than you have a lot of different scenario's there. The first thing is are the zombies fast or slow. Are they easy to kill or are they very hard to kill. Are there different kinds of zombies like in left4dead or are they all the same. How intelligent are those zombies. How does the zombie virus work. Are there only human zombies or also animal zombies? Did you know that the pentagon made a plan for zombie apocalypse? well in that plan they also ask this kind of questions. Here is a link for the plan: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics/pentagon-zombie-apocalypse/index.html
Loopdelooper
Loopdelooper
Optio

Location : The Beneluxian Federation, North Holland, Hamsterdam

Back to top Go down

It's going to happen eventually, so I'll just say it now... Zombies. Empty Re: It's going to happen eventually, so I'll just say it now... Zombies.

Post by Loopdelooper Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:36 am

by the way a zombie scenario in 18th century is pretty interesting. The issue is that the virus wouldn't probably spread fast because there is not very much globalization. Also according to the zombie novel world war Z the humans back would have proper tactics to kill the zombies. In the novel world war z the humans are defeated by the zombies in the battle of Yonkers because modern military tactics didn't work against the zombies. In the novel the humans finally defeat the zombies by using tactics like standing in line and shoot semi automatic rifles or standing in a circle and shoot semi automatic rifles. The humans also used a special shovel melee weapon to kill zombies. This sort of tactics are pretty familiar with the 18th century tactics. So a zombie invasion in the 18th century might not hold it out for long. Here is a video about world war z:
Loopdelooper
Loopdelooper
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Loopdelooper wrote:Well I know that there is a way zombies could exists in real life. Zombies are actually pretty familiar with rabies. So if zombies will happen rabies have to mutate. But than you have a lot of different scenario's there. The first thing is are the zombies fast or slow. Are they easy to kill or are they very hard to kill. Are there different kinds of zombies like in left4dead or are they all the same. How intelligent are those zombies. How does the zombie virus work. Are there only human zombies or also animal zombies? Did you know that the pentagon made a plan for zombie apocalypse? well in that plan they also ask this kind of questions. Here is a link for the plan: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/16/politics/pentagon-zombie-apocalypse/index.html

My version of zombies: They can use their bodies to full potential as other humans, such as sprinting, jumping, climbing, and crawling. The thing is they aren't intelligent enough to use weapons so they would have to rely on their hands and mouths. They can only be killed by having their brain or heart pierced by something; pike, bullet, cannonball, etc. There would only be one type, as there is no real reason for them to morph into other kinds apart from entertainment value. Not that I don't think different types on zombies isn't a cool thing, I just would rather have one static type. Although I suppose crawlers or jumpers or ambusher zombies could be a thing. Based on the zombie's 'personality'. The zombies are able to sprint, jump, climb, and attack in groups, but no weapons. They also wouldn't be able to accomplish anything humans physically can't do, because zombies are technically still humans. The virus is spread via biting, or more specifically, if the saliva of a zombie gets into the bloodstream, it would have a really good chance of infection. I'd just say human zombies only. Animal zombies would just make things seem too coincidental. (that two zombie outbreaks in two species happened at exactly the same time) And yeah I've known about the Pentagon's zombie plan! Razz
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Loopdelooper Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Well there is still a question and that is how does the virus in the scenario start. Is it just indecently created in a lab, a terrorist biological weapon, is it just some sort of evolution problem or something else?
Loopdelooper
Loopdelooper
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:26 pm

Maybe a violent strain of rabies infects someone and they go full zombie mode? That's really the best I can come up with.
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Loopdelooper Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Does this infected person live in a high populated area like a city or does it live in some smaller village or something else?
Loopdelooper
Loopdelooper
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Loopdelooper Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:27 pm

By the way I this link is a pretty good zombie simulation site https://mattbierbaum.github.io/zombies-usa/
Loopdelooper
Loopdelooper
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by JunoSword Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:20 pm

He would have to live in a highly populated area for it to spread quickly and catch the nation off guard. Also that is a pretty nice website, thanks.
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Loopdelooper Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:54 am

Okay well if there is something dangerous as that in a high populated area it will fast reach the public so governments will send troops to deal with the situation, however because it is a new issue they have no idea what to expect plus the fact that there are probably a lot of zombies because it started in a highly populated area they will have big issues. They will probably be overrun lots of times. The government will order for a evacuation of all the cities and high populated area's to contain the spread of the zombie virus. The people will probably retreat to forests, countrysides and military bases. This are the most handy places to retreat to. Forests are perfect places to hide from the zombies and there also some small amount of food like Berries. Farms at countryside contain also a lot of food and you can even plant your own food over there. Army bases are also handy because they are guarded well by the military and their are also lots of guns and vehicles. Vehicles that can be used for supply runs. After the evacuation humanity has to reorganize itself and find good ways to kill zombies. After that is done humanity can go on the offensive against the zombie hordes.
Loopdelooper
Loopdelooper
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by JunoSword Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:43 pm

The best way to win against a zombie horde in the modern day is with killzones. Use massive amounts of civilians to lure the horde into a trap, the military will be able to just sit there and shoot them until they run out of ammunition. If done correctly, it could possibly achieve a 1-100 casualty ratio from humans to zombies. Once the majority of the horde has entered the trap, just move the military in from both sides until you practically surround them.
JunoSword
JunoSword
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down