TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancient contacts between Central and South American civs

4 posters

Go down

Ancient contacts between Central and South American civs Empty Ancient contacts between Central and South American civs

Post by Rossus Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:39 am

Does anyone know, if there were some contacts between Mayans, Aztecs, Olmecs, Zapotecs etc. and Incas, Muiscas, pre-Incan guys etc.? Only information I could find is that some S. American bronze stuff were found in Central America, and that it was a culture in Panama what had a trade with Mayan states (but no info about trading with south civs).
Were there cultural influence between them? Did they even know about each other?

Rossus
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Ancient contacts between Central and South American civs Empty Re: Ancient contacts between Central and South American civs

Post by AnonZapp Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:59 am

It's mostly possible that Mesoamericans and South American tribes knew of each other, and had a few scarce encounters, just as Europeans had little knowledge, but still knew about the East Asian civilizations. Yet I didn't find much information to back this idea up, plus the "Tapon del Darien" is still a major barrier between connecting North And South via road, so pre-columbian cultures would have had much trouble trading or interacting with eachother if it wasn't through the Caribbean Sea. So possible? Yes. Likely? Not really.
AnonZapp
AnonZapp
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Ancient contacts between Central and South American civs Empty Re: Ancient contacts between Central and South American civs

Post by jeanwickert Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:22 am

Aztecs took much of their religious pantheon of deities (and probably the art, buildings and other stuff) from the Mayas, but they were not around at the same time period. Incas don't appear to have had direct contact with Mayas or Aztecs.
I'd say there was little to no contact among most of them, though I don't have any study or link to some facts. That's just what I remember my teacher saying in high school.
jeanwickert
jeanwickert
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 am

I believe there was limited trade contact between the Aztecs and Inca, but not much.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down