TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most boring ruler in your country's history?

+13
Kim Jong-un
Sire
ceaserkhan22
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
EmperorTigerstar
Bowtie
CanadianWashington
Big_Appa
The Capitalist Pig
Johann Tserclaes
Mr Trolldemort
Crazy Boris
Holmskiy
17 posters

Go down

The most boring ruler in your country's history? Empty The most boring ruler in your country's history?

Post by Holmskiy Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 pm

I don't know about other countries, but in Russia we have Simon the Proud. He literally did nothing to distinguish himself. He wasn't particularly smart, didn't change laws, fought only small wars and only with Moscow's natural enemies and then died from smallpox. There is nothing to say about him, except that he well... ruled.
Holmskiy
Holmskiy
Pedes

Back to top Go down

The most boring ruler in your country's history? Empty Re: The most boring ruler in your country's history?

Post by Crazy Boris Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:39 pm

John Turner: Prime Minister of Canada for only 2 months and 17 days in 1984, from June 30 to September 17. (only the much more interesting Charles Tupper was in office for less time)

He called an election a little over a week after taking office, having been appointed after Pierre Trudeau resigned, spent his whole time as PM campaigning... and proceeded to lose spectaularily to Brian Mulroney when the election finally came around, without really doing anything as Prime Minister.
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

The most boring ruler in your country's history? Empty Re: The most boring ruler in your country's history?

Post by Mr Trolldemort Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Another pretty boring Canadian prime minster (there are surprisingly quite a few of them)

John Thompson: appointed (not elected) prime minster from 1892 til 1894 before dying...of a heart attack

Major accomplishments include lowering some tariffs and dealing with talks of the USA annexing Canada (which turned out to not really be as popular as he thought)

Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Johann Tserclaes Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Definitely William Henry Harrison, the 9th President of the U.S. who died 30 days after being inaugurated from pneumonia as a result of his own poor common sense. He didn't wear a jacket during his inaugural address even though it was cold. It makes me cringe as to how embarrassing he is.
Johann Tserclaes
Johann Tserclaes
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Boris Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Johann Tserclaes wrote:Definitely William Henry Harrison, the 9th President of the U.S. who died 30 days after being inaugurated from pneumonia as a result of his own poor common sense. He didn't wear a jacket during his inaugural address even though it was cold. It makes me cringe as to how embarrassing he is.

I think him not wearing a coat being the cause of his early demise is an urban myth, and he already had the disease before his inauguration.

Also, fun bit of irony, his presidency was the shortest ever, but his inaugural address was the longest ever.
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holmskiy Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:25 am

Johann Tserclaes wrote:Definitely William Henry Harrison, the 9th President of the U.S. who died 30 days after being inaugurated from pneumonia as a result of his own poor common sense. He didn't wear a jacket during his inaugural address even though it was cold. It makes me cringe as to how embarrassing he is.

His personality was quite interesting though, wasn't it? As far as I heard he was quite a scholar with many ideas for reforming the country. Or am I wrong?
Holmskiy
Holmskiy
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by The Capitalist Pig Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:04 am

In Italy we had Umberto II, the king that ruled for only about a month or so because he got in charge just before the national referendum which results established the republican form of government. Not his fault, just bad luck, lol.
The Capitalist Pig
The Capitalist Pig
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Appa Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:06 am

USA here. It's got to be William Henry Harrison. His presidency lasted around 40 days.

If we're talking about just being a boring person overall, probably Millard Fillmore? Don't know much about him but there doesn't seem to be much to his presidency.
Big_Appa
Big_Appa
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianWashington Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:36 am

Crazy Boris wrote:John Turner: Prime Minister of Canada for only 2 months and 17 days in 1984, from June 30 to September 17. (only the much more interesting Charles Tupper was in office for less time)

He called an election a little over a week after taking office, having been appointed after Pierre Trudeau resigned, spent his whole time as PM campaigning... and proceeded to lose spectaularily to Brian Mulroney when the election finally came around, without really doing anything as Prime Minister.
Agreed but I would have to say Kim Campbell is a close second.
CanadianWashington
CanadianWashington
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianWashington Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:38 am

Big_Appa wrote:USA here. It's got to be William Henry Harrison. His presidency lasted around 40 days.

If we're talking about just being a boring person overall, probably Millard Fillmore? Don't know much about him but there doesn't seem to be much to his presidency.
Millard Fillmore would buy slaves from the south then free them into the north, I have to say that's one kind of interesting thing about him.
CanadianWashington
CanadianWashington
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Appa Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:41 pm

CanadianWashington wrote:
Big_Appa wrote:USA here. It's got to be William Henry Harrison. His presidency lasted around 40 days.

Millard Fillmore would buy slaves from the south then free them into the north, I have to say that's one kind of interesting thing about him.

Are you sure you aren't referring to James Buchanan?
Big_Appa
Big_Appa
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Trolldemort Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 pm

CanadianWashington wrote:
Crazy Boris wrote:John Turner: Prime Minister of Canada for only 2 months and 17 days in 1984, from June 30 to September 17. (only the much more interesting Charles Tupper was in office for less time)

Agreed but I would have to say Kim Campbell is a close second.

I personally think that Kim Campbell's short term as prime minster was quite interesting, mainly due to the fact that it led to one of the biggest political alignments in Canadian history, with the Progressive Conservatives going from a majority government to only 3 seats. It also led to 2 completely new parties to enter Canadian politics and having a great deal of influence even to this day (Well, the Bloc Quebecois not so much, but until pretty recently it did)
Mr Trolldemort
Mr Trolldemort
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Even though William H Harrison was only President 30 days James Buchanan was the most boring leader in American history.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:48 am

Most boring ruler of America was probably Zachary Taylor.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dittatore_Signore_Massimo Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:51 pm

I would say Adolfo Rodríguez Saá (Argentina)

The most boring ruler in your country's history? Saa10

He was president for 7 days and did nothing.
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:20 am

I would say Chester A. Arthur with Benjamin Harrison a close second.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sire Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Kevin Coolidge - His campaign slogan was "Keep Cool With Coolidge" and he was known for not talking with other people and I don't know a single thing he did during his presidency. He was a president truly boring, however yet somehow also remains a legend for boring character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9UfaObMMc
Sire
Sire
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Jong-un Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Franklin Pierce, only because I know nothing about him.
Kim Jong-un
Kim Jong-un
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Federico the Great Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 pm

In Spain it´s definitey Charles II. He was literally retarded and did nothing during his entire mandate.
Federico the Great
Federico the Great
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Francinze Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:40 pm

In Italy we have Oscar Luigi Scalfaro. He did nothing exciting during his 7 years mandate.
Francinze
Francinze
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuffalo313 Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Max Hess wrote:Franklin Pierce, only because I know nothing about him.

Not anything interesting about Franklin Pierce himself, but I actually went to middle school with two of his great-great (however many greats) nieces/nephews (they were cousins).

Anyway, for me, I would say the most boring US President was James Buchanan. He sat around for 4 years, let tensions between the north and south grow, and then did nothing when a bunch of states seceded in between Lincoln's election and inauguration.
bigbuffalo313
bigbuffalo313
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DuceMoosolini Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:35 pm

I respectfully disagree with both of the above US presidents, as I personally feel they are both too interesting.

I remember Pierce for going behind his wife's back to be nominated by his party, and I remember Buchanan for being our absolute worst president.

Therefore, I nominate Benjamin Harrison, our 23rd president, a man so boring that maybe ten people in the country would recognize his name.

DuceMoosolini
DuceMoosolini
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down