TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luft’ 46 (an alternate European air war waging into 1946 and possibly beyond)

Go down

Luft’ 46 (an alternate European air war waging into 1946 and possibly beyond) Empty Luft’ 46 (an alternate European air war waging into 1946 and possibly beyond)

Post by Toast Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 pm

So I noticed nobody has started a Luft‘ 46 thread! So I will! The Point of
Departure for this scenario is on June 6, 1943. D-Day ends in a disaster (what happens is not relavent to the discussion). German troops are sent to defend the Eastern Front and slow the Soviet’s advance. How will the air war progress into 1946? How will Germany deal with B-29s, turboprops, or the atomic bomb? Open for discussion!

Toast
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Luft’ 46 (an alternate European air war waging into 1946 and possibly beyond) Empty Re: Luft’ 46 (an alternate European air war waging into 1946 and possibly beyond)

Post by Toast Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Update: I just realized that the tide turning this early might cause the Army Air Core to decide that B-29s are a good option. If that happened then a jets get shelved or restricted to ground support and bombing roles since they couldn’t fly at the B-29s operational altitude. For the sake of this scenario let’s say they stick with B-17s for a while.

Toast
Pedes

Back to top Go down