TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roman Empire vs Han China

2 posters

Go down

Roman Empire vs Han China in the year 85 A.D.

Roman Empire vs Han China I_vote_lcap56%Roman Empire vs Han China I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Roman Empire vs Han China I_vote_lcap44%Roman Empire vs Han China I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9

Roman Empire vs Han China Empty Roman Empire vs Han China

Post by ceaserkhan22 Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:04 am

It is the year 85 A.D. and both the Roman Empire and Han China are flourishing under popular rulers Emperor Domitian and Emperor Zhang respectively. The Roman general Gnaeus Julius Agricola has just finished conquering lower Britain and Han general Ban Chao has recently subdued the Tarim Basin. If in this year 85 A.D. Rome and China engaged in Total War of conquest against each other and Agricola and Chao are sent to their respective fronts to lead their armies, who would come out victorious?

Note: Just Han China vs Roman Empire, no allies such as support from the Parthian empire or other powers at the time.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Roman Empire vs Han China Empty Re: Roman Empire vs Han China

Post by Thorfinn Karlsefni Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

It would have been extremely interesting if Trajan had marched east the way Alexander did after taking Mesopotamia. I know he was dying, and there is speculation that he did too, but if he hadn't been... who knows? Rome and China might very well have come up against each other some time during the 2nd Century.
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:18 pm

The legend of the Roman legion in China has always been a fascinating theory in my opinion. If you've never heard of it give this a read.

https://beyondthirtynine.com/a-roman-legion-lost-in-china-2/
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorfinn Karlsefni Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 am

ceaserkhan22 wrote:The legend of the Roman legion in China has always been a fascinating theory in my opinion. If you've never heard of it give this a read.

https://beyondthirtynine.com/a-roman-legion-lost-in-china-2/

Outstanding find! I am very impressed that so much of the information was not lost to history. I find the story very convincing.
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down