TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Interesting Front of World War I

+29
ceaserkhan22
greenpiss_5
Metsarebuff1222
Onward Painter X
Luigilime
Napoleon Bonaparte
Kaiser Antonio I
PremiumMeteor
Leonverbakel
Colliwobblez
Koopinator
EmperorRanceTheDragonHear
Kaiser Wilhelm II
SHAM00E
Königreich Preußen
Crazy Boris
Zek64
CompactMold409
Conquerer1234
Lenin
Cyrus the Great
Alexander I (Abraxis)
GeorgeIVofBritannia
ItsAGiraffe
SamSkey
firemac
The Spiffy Creeper
The Last Savoyard
EmperorTigerstar
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite Front of World War I

Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 28 ]
Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 13 ]
Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 12 ]
Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 19 ]
Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 22 ]
Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 107

Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Interesting Front of World War I

Post by Napoleon Bonaparte Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:03 pm

In my opinion the Eastern front is the most interesting.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Napoleon Bonaparte
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Interesting Front of World War I

Post by Luigilime Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:19 pm

I have to go with the southern front, the trench warfare in the mountains here was simply incredible. And it was impossible to break through enemy lines because most of the times the trenches were dug up on the mountain itself making no-man's land as wide as the entire valley between the two trenched mountains, that made it extremely difficult to take the enemy by surprise and made this theatre of the war one of the most difficult fronts to fight in.

Luigilime
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Onward Painter X Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:55 pm

I think the southern front is interesting especially with Italy being screwed over at the end by the allies.
Onward Painter X
Onward Painter X
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Metsarebuff1222 Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Pacific Front was pretty short but is still VERY Underrated, so much so many people think it never happened. It's cool to learn about the adventures of the German East Asian Fleet.

Last edited by Metsarebuff1222 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Metsarebuff1222
Metsarebuff1222
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:14 am

I'd say the Eastern front, since I did not really learn much about it at school, only like "the Germans and Austrians fought the Russians, then the Russians were unhappy with the war so they overthrew the Emperor, Brest-Litovsk peace, done."

Back to top Go down

Most Interesting Front of World War I - Page 2 Empty battle of papua new guinea was pretty good

Post by greenpiss_5 Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:30 pm

The battle of papua new guinea or german new guinea was great since australia was really fast to take it, guadalcanal was also interesting

greenpiss_5
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:32 am

The Ottoman front was the most interesting. In the Ottoman theater the British and German empires played off the two competing unifier ideologies of the Middle East at the time. Germany supported and promoted "pan-islam" to unify the Middle East under the Sultan of the Ottomans who was also considered the Caliph of the muslim world. The British meanwhile supported and promoted "pan-arabism" to unify the Arab people against the oppressive Turks to tear apart Germany's main ally in the east.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolás.P Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:57 pm

I actually think that the most interesting front is the eastern one because it is where some very giant offencives took place, such as the Brusilov offencive. Also, it had significant changes along the war unlike the weastern front. And finnaly it is very intersesting to see how the war and the revolutions in Russia afected each other and all the other nations.

Nicolás.P
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cold War Communist Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:23 pm

I voted for the Eastern Front because of its more sporadic nature. There was a bit more going on over there compared to the trench warfare of the West.

I would also like to give a nod to the African Theatre of War because of the intrigue behind the conflicts there. The names of the individuals escape me, but there was a German general and his army that led the Brits on a goose chase through East Africa. There were also some great naval games in either Southeast Asia or in the area of East Africa between the German and British navies that are worthy of mention.
Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by _Dewey Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:36 pm

I think i have a large bias towards the western front, since I'm Canadian, so thats where my country mainly fought. As well as where/how the Canadian nation was born, in the mud of Passchendale and at the top of Vimy Ridge. It also seems to have some of the worst battles in history, Verdun mainly. Up there with Cannae (as a Roman) and Stalingrad.
_Dewey
_Dewey
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:35 pm

The ottoman front.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2