TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Czech and Hungarian art of war 15-17th century

2 posters

Go down

Czech and Hungarian art of war 15-17th century Empty Czech and Hungarian art of war 15-17th century

Post by raziel678 Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:50 pm

I would like to know many specific details about the art of war in the Kingdom of Hungary and Kingdom of Bohemia in 15-17th century.

1. Did they write military treatizes about their own art of war, or they didn't make it before 1526 and then they were completely under foreign influence? What did they write?

2. Best commanders. Żiżka, Hunyady, Gabor Bethlen(he outplayed Wallenstein, but I don't know the details)? How good they were in comparsion to German, Spanish, Netherland, French or Swedish commanders?

3. General art of war in comparsion to above mentioned countries. Infantry, cavalry, artillery, mobilization of armies, size, mobility, use of field fortifications, espionage, counterespionage, use of terrain, equipment, training, new ideas, supplies, skirmish, morale. When they win and when lose?

In contrary to some popular beliefs, East-Central European countries developed their own ways of fighting, wich were in many ways better than in the West. Not only cavalry(heavy cavalry charge against a caracole), but even infantry(for example larger firepower), field fortifications and artillery(Kosovo 1448 as an example of artillery shelling of trenches on both sides). I have all the data I need on Polish military, but I don't know enough about the Czech and Hungarian.

In exchange I can share my own knowledge if anyone is interested.

raziel678
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Czech and Hungarian art of war 15-17th century Empty Re: Czech and Hungarian art of war 15-17th century

Post by Thorfinn Karlsefni Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 am

Cool!

I don't know much about it, but sounds awesome.
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Centurion

Back to top Go down