TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favourite period in history?

+22
stevicheliz
Cold War Communist
_Dewey
Malotun
JunoSword
EmperorLeonardo
Narial
Brusilov
Gabriel van Grëiser
Arden_Foxx
EmperorRanceTheDragonHear
Lycân / Laïkon Drakensken
Gunther
Elia le Bianco
Königreich Preußen
WildJ
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorPanzeriusNickidus
Seleukos Nikator
Jake Mapper
ColonelPants
Sodadog
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's your favourite period in history?

What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 11 ]
What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 8 ]
What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 9 ]
What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 33 ]
What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 76

What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite period in history?

Post by Cold War Communist Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:29 pm

MultiMocking wrote:Why is it "new" imperialism? implying there was imperialism before that.

The Age of Sail isn't listed in the options, but it would bridge the gap between the Age of Discovery and the "New" Imperialism eras. During that time, the European powers colonized the New World and other realms, ushering in the first era of imperialism (via colonizing them). The "New" in New Imperialism would refer toward the conquest by force and Empire building of budding European powers, such as Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy, that defined the period, as well as emphasis on colonizing other realms (such as Africa), which were not prioritized previously.
Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite period in history? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite period in history?

Post by Nishanth128 Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Mauryan and Roman Republic.

Also, the Greek period where Athens still hadn't risen to be the powerhouse and pre-unification China
Nishanth128
Nishanth128
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dittatore_Signore_Massimo Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 pm

I go for New Imperialism since the amount of ideas and iventions is just huge (i am a litle bit biased because i am a fan of the Victoria series, but i like that time anyway).
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
Dittatore_Signore_Massimo
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnythewizard Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm torn between New Imperialism and the Medieval Era.

I would say the Medieval Era mainly because of what I find the most interesting Empire of all time: the Mongol Empire.

However I voted for New Imperialism because there is nothing about the Victorian Era that bores me.
Johnnythewizard
Johnnythewizard
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by _Dewey Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:08 am

Cold War Communist wrote:The era of New Imperialism. I would also add about a century before then as well as WWI in my "favourite" vote, even if they are not technically considered part of the era I selected.

I don't know about that, I'd consider the end of WWI to be the end of new imperialism. Like look at the world before the war, where it was still very similar to the world that had colonised Africa, had monarchies, the same mindset in both the soldiers and the people about nationalism and militarism. Then compare it to the world that has scars from the war. I'd consider the years from 1915 to 1918 the transition between the modern world, and the one of new imperialism.
_Dewey
_Dewey
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2