TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry

2 posters

Go down

Which German And French Rulers Had The Greatest Rivalry? (Left side German, right side French)

Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_lcap0%Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_lcap0%Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_lcap20%Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_lcap20%Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_lcap40%Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  Empty Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry

Post by ceaserkhan22 Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am

France and Germany were created out of the division of the once great Frankish Empire by the treaty of Verdun in 843 A.D. As the two states were basically Frankish brothers from the same Carolingian father, its no surprise that the sibling rivalry between the two soon took off, by 858 East Francia (Germany) invaded West Francia (France) and for the first time they were at war. Since then Germany and France were natural rivals through the middle ages and up until the end of WW2. Of all the great wars and animosity between the two, which ruler vs. ruler would you say was the greatest period of this epic and storied rivalry?

Note: Some listed on the German side are Austrian or Prussian rulers during the period when Germany wasn't fully united.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry  Empty Re: Germany vs. France Ruler Rivalry

Post by lordroel Wed May 02, 2018 12:28 pm

I like the Francis II vs. Napoleon one.

lordroel
Cornicen

Back to top Go down