TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which front of World War II would you choose to fight on if you were forced?

+14
Lord Yavimaya
guyinadeathstar
Francinze
Kim Jong-un
Sire
CamiloVargas99
EmperorTigerstar
Hatshepsut
Carl Hamilton
Bowtie
TrueCommunistDoggo
Johann Tserclaes
Big_Appa
MrXenon1987
18 posters

Go down

Which front of World War II would you choose to fight on if you were forced? Empty Which front of World War II would you choose to fight on if you were forced?

Post by MrXenon1987 Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:39 pm

I personally would pick the Western Front. My own country fought there, it's not always freezing, it's not always blistering, there are no jungle animals, living conditions were generally better, etc.
MrXenon1987
MrXenon1987
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Which front of World War II would you choose to fight on if you were forced? Empty Re: Which front of World War II would you choose to fight on if you were forced?

Post by Big_Appa Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Pacific. My grandfather fought in the Pacific during WWII. It would feel most like home, so it would probably be the most comfortable for me (bar capture by the Japanese).
Big_Appa
Big_Appa
Optio

Back to top Go down

Which front of World War II would you choose to fight on if you were forced? Empty Re: Which front of World War II would you choose to fight on if you were forced?

Post by MrXenon1987 Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Big_Appa wrote:Pacific. My grandfather fought in the Pacific during WWII. It would feel most like home, so it would probably be the most comfortable for me (bar capture by the Japanese).
Big respect to your grandfather, those conditions would be unbearable for me.
MrXenon1987
MrXenon1987
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Johann Tserclaes Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Which front? Why, the home front, of course! I'd be better off in a factory or working on the atomic bomb then directly fighting the war.
Johann Tserclaes
Johann Tserclaes
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueCommunistDoggo Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:30 am

Johann Tserclaes wrote:Which front? Why, the home front, of course! I'd be better off in a factory or working on the atomic bomb then directly fighting the war.

The Home Front is not so good if you live in a major city in Britain!
TrueCommunistDoggo
TrueCommunistDoggo
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Johann Tserclaes Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:46 am

TrueCommunistDoggo wrote:
Johann Tserclaes wrote:Which front? Why, the home front, of course! I'd be better off in a factory or working on the atomic bomb then directly fighting the war.

True, very true.
Johann Tserclaes
Johann Tserclaes
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowtie Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:28 am

If I could be in the Air Force I don't care what front they send me to, but if I had to fight on the ground I would like to be with the Americans in Europe.

Bowtie
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl Hamilton Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:12 pm

TrueCommunistDoggo wrote:

To be fair very few British civilians died.
Carl Hamilton
Carl Hamilton
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatshepsut Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:05 am

I think I would have liked to have been serving with any allied nation on the warfront, but as a nurse. There I would have been doing something for the war effort, but I would be helping people, instead of taking their lives, even if the people's whose lives I would have been taking were awful.
Hatshepsut
Hatshepsut
Cornicen

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:53 am

I'd choose the American coast guard. By far the easiest job. If I have to pick one on an actual front line, then the Aleutian front line. Because the two islands Japan took from us were abandoned. So I wouldn't die. Very Happy
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrXenon1987 Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 pm

EmperorTigerstar wrote:I'd choose the American coast guard. By far the easiest job. If I have to pick one on an actual front line, then the Aleutian front line. Because the two islands Japan took from us were abandoned. So I wouldn't die. Very Happy
Idk man you might get accidentally gunned down by us canucks Very Happy
MrXenon1987
MrXenon1987
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by CamiloVargas99 Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:23 pm

I once read the brits had raised an army in India to protect the oil reserves in Iran from Hitler. Since I haven't heard much of that, I assume that was a less bloody front!
CamiloVargas99
CamiloVargas99
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sire Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:57 pm

The home front of course Very Happy Seriously though if I had to choose between fighting against the Japanese in the Pacific, Germans in Italy, or Germans in France/Germany I would choose the front in France/Germany.
Sire
Sire
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim Jong-un Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:09 pm

I'd like to be an American fighting my way through western Germany; I'd love to be present at the moment of victory.
Kim Jong-un
Kim Jong-un
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Francinze Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 am

Italian front, battle of Sicily: no rain, no difficult nor costly fights, and I would fight for my homeland!
Francinze
Francinze
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by guyinadeathstar Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:31 pm

North African Front, Invasion Of Libya.
guyinadeathstar
guyinadeathstar
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Yavimaya Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Fight for Freedom in Europe of course!
Lord Yavimaya
Lord Yavimaya
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Whynot Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

I would have to chose special forces and fighting for the liberation of the concentration camps East or West, What the Nazi's did was disgusting and there would be no way I could have been sitting back in a factory as it was going on.

Whynot
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cold War Communist Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am

Pacific theater.
Cold War Communist
Cold War Communist
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 am

Any front that allows me to kill NAZIs or Soviets, so probably the eastern front as a Finish soldier
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorfinn Karlsefni Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:11 am

Morocco during/after the Torch landings. I've always wanted to see Morocco. Also, I'd only have to face French troops none-too-happy about fighting to protect Hitler's and Mussolini's flank and rear from the new ally, America! Of course, most of those units had to go on to fight somewhere much tougher in 1943, but still. Maybe I'd get a "million dollar wound" - a nonfatal, non-maiming wound that nevertheless means your career at the front is over for the duration of the war.
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Thorfinn Karlsefni
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down