TERRA HISTORIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy

+5
ceaserkhan22
CharlemagneII
military_genius
CptCrape
Crazy Boris
9 posters

Go down

[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy

[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_lcap14%[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_lcap3%[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_lcap45%[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 13 ]
[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_lcap3%[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_lcap7%[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_lcap24%[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 29

[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy Empty [Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy

Post by Koopinator Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:13 pm

We've already done the Roman Republic and Roman empire, Now its time for Part 4 (Counting the Roman kingdom)
Koopinator
Koopinator
Optio

Back to top Go down

[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy Empty Re: [Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy

Post by Crazy Boris Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Nothing did more to destabilize Byzantium than the 4th Crusade, at it probably crippled the Empire enough put it on an inevitable path to oblivion.
Crazy Boris
Crazy Boris
Centurion

Back to top Go down

[Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy Empty Re: [Poll] Byzantine Empire's greatest enemy

Post by CptCrape Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Before 632 AD? Sassanids. After? Muslims.
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by CptCrape Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Crazy Boris wrote:Nothing did more to destabilize Byzantium than the 4th Crusade, at it probably crippled the Empire enough put it on an inevitable path to oblivion.  
As bad as 1204 was for Byzantium. I think it was ultimately one of the most important factors in creating the modern world. Because the Byzantine Empire was destroyed and replaced by the Ottoman Empire, Europeans were forced to find different trade routes to the East. So, they sailed west, thus discovering the world, starting the age of exploration and consequently beginning the modern era.
CptCrape
CptCrape
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by military_genius Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:35 am

The values of the Roman Empire fall apart because of the Turks. It was the first time that the ideas of "turkism" really threatened Europe... But, sorry to say it was because of the 4th crusade.
If the 4th crusade did not actually happened today we would have lived in an almost idillic society (maybe?) conducted by the ideas of demos krates ! The "people's mandate" should be taken serious even today when the Jew-Christian society is once again threatened by a wave of muslim (totalitarianism?)... If we let the real values fall again, the society would collapse, but i can't predict if a Renaissance 2.0 would revitalize it...
Just hope for the best guys! Help the refugees if you can and instruct them that they are also human beings ready to take destiny into their own hands! The problem is people at the peak of the pyramid (in the Muslim world?) that continue doing wrong stuff like supporting extremist movements. Just be humanist !

military_genius
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlemagneII Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 am

I want the option Justinian I because he made The Empire way too large.

CharlemagneII
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by military_genius Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:41 am

Justinian I's idea was to create an united Roman realm. He was a powerful man that oppressed any opposition (revolts of Nika?) and conquered new places such as Vandalia in Africa or Italia from the Ostrogoth (?) kingdom. Many historians think his additions to the empire actually prolonged its life by centuries to come...

military_genius
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by ceaserkhan22 Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Gotta go with the Ottomans since they put the final nail in the Byzantine Empire's coffin. Unlike the fall of the Western Empire, witch was basically a bloody coup by Odoacer, the Ottomans were in constant warfare with the Byzantines for multiple centuries before they finally conquered them in the siege of 1453.
ceaserkhan22
ceaserkhan22
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by EmperorTigerstar Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:15 am

Sassanid Empire, as they had more wars together than with the others. Sure they weren't their downfall but were definitely their ultimate rival.
EmperorTigerstar
EmperorTigerstar
Admin

https://terrahistoria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by That_one_Praetor Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:13 am

I would say the rashidun caliphate because they took Egypt Syria and the Levant along with parts of North Africa they also destroyed Byzantine army's and set the Empire on the path to destruction.
That_one_Praetor
That_one_Praetor
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by DavSpunkyYoung Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Where is the Seljuks?

DavSpunkyYoung
Pedes

Back to top Go down

Post by Koopinator Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:15 am

HitPoint0213 wrote:Where is the Seljuks?
I want to put them in but i am afraid that will reset the poll.
Koopinator
Koopinator
Optio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down